Contact Me

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Review: Alien in the Family by Gini Koch



Title
: Alien in the Family

Author: Gini Koch
Series: Katherine “Kitty” Katt, book 3
Genre: Sci-Fi Romance
Publisher: DAW
Format: E-book

*Warning: This review contains spoilers from previous books of this series*
“Super-Being Exterminator Kitty Katt and the Alpha Centaurian she loves, Jeff Martini, should be finalizing their wedding plans. But that was before she discovers Jeff is in line to become Emperor back on his home world. Kitty knows she is everything a royal family wouldn't approve of, and is bracing herself for the worst. As it turns out, the royal family is just the beginning. Especially when extraterrestrial Amazonian terrorists are determined to start and end Kitty and Jeff's nuptial festivities with a bang.”
Alien in the Family is the third book in the Katherine “Kitty” Katt Series. It starts six months after the events in Alien Tango.
Kitty and Martini are doing the preparations for their wedding, or at least pretending to. But there is so much to do and so many people to please that it’s not an easy task. While this is happening Chuckie contacts them and shows them a strange atmospheric phenomenon that is occurring in certain area at midnight. When Martini sees it he realizes the symbols in the sky are a message from Alpha Centuri, letting them know a Royal commission is coming to earth to attend their wedding.
At a meeting considering the implications of this visit Kitty learns Martini is the heir to the throne in Alpha Centauri. And after much thought, they realize the commission is not coming to attend the nuptials, they are coming to test Kitty, to see if she is worthy of Martini.
If this was not enough to have them busy and preoccupied, there is also a group of extraterrestrial Amazonians who want to kill every male they get in proximity with and take over the world.

After hearing/reading so much about this series, last week I said ok, let’s give it a try, and bought Touch by an Alien. This ended up in a Katherine “Kitty” Katt marathon, what that means… I read these books one behind the other. These books are amazing! They have everything I like in a book. They have great plots, beautiful characters, are well pace with a touch of mystery, lots of action and laughs, lots of gorgeous men and lots of sexy time. What a perfect combination.

In Alien in the Family Kitty’s emotional limits are put to a test. She is dealing with so many things at the same time that I would not want to be on her shoes (or maybe I would, but just because of Martini, yum). Even though the times are not easy for Kitty, she continue being the same snarky, lustful, witty woman who does everything for the ones she loves and cares.
Sometimes she was a little bit “too badass” for my taste; the problem with that was that it didn’t feel real, it felt more like acting in a kind of forced way. Despite this, I still love her; she is one of my favorites heroines.

Martini is still the same sex on stick, in love, and sentimental man. What I liked a lot about him in this book is that he is starting to have a more pronounce sense of humor. I loved when he was being sarcastic, it seems some of Kitty is rubbing on him.
Martini is also trying to deal with his jealousy issues. He is doing better but still he has his caveman behavior moments. But I forgive him because he is such a caring and loving man. *swoons*

I liked Reader in the previous books, but in this one he surpassed my expectations for his character. He was a great focal point in the story, bringing laughs and emotional turmoil to the pages. I loved the friendship between Kitty and him. Their love is palpable through out the book. With Operation About Time, Reader proves he is every girl’s dream BFF.
Something very serious happened to Reader and I think there is more to come regarding what happened after this incident. Because some things were left unexplained concerning him. I’m guessing we will learn more about the “why and how” of this in future books.

All the characters we love from previous books are also here, plus we met many more interesting ones.
Chuckie stands out in this installment. Despite being heart broken, he accepts what cannot be, and tries to be the best friend possible for Kitty, leaving his feelings on the side. I really liked him and I don’t understand why the A-C dazzlers don’t pay any attention to him. It may be because they know he loves somebody else, but I really wish him a HEA.

This book also brings us the most divine creatures call “Poofs”.  They are furry, fluffy and purr. I want one, or two or a dozen! They are adorable.

I loved Alien in the Family, ok, I really loved all the books in this series. They are all great and I cannot recommend them enough. These books could be read as a stand-alone book, but please don’t do that. Read them all and in order. I can guarantee you won’t regret it. Mrs. Gini Koch is a gifted writer that will have you trap with her prose and plots without you even noticing it.
I can’t wait to December to read the next book in the series Alien Proliferation.

 My favorite quotes:
  • With Kevin’s addition, it meant there were three women and just and entire roomful of hunky men with us. I loved briefings.
  • I was yowling like a cat in heat.
  • There were the usual personnel milling about doing things I still, after a year, didn’t understand or try to learn about. I was dedicated that way.
  • “Ummm…” Chuckie hadn’t seen the twins in a while, but I could tell he wanted to get back in touch with them.
  • “The United States Navy is proud to serve under those, Commander,” Jerry said finally.
  • “Chuckie, do I have time to take a shower?” – “Yes, please,” he called. “The others might lie to you, but, trust me, you need one, unless your new fragrance is Eau de Rank.”

My Verdict: 4 ½ Paws


Other books in the series
Touched by an Alien
Alien Tango
Alien in the Family
Alien Proliferation (12/06/2011)

Other reviews Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...