Contact Me

Monday, September 19, 2011

Review: Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead


Title: Succubus Revealed
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Georgina Kincaid, book 6
Genre: Urban fantasy
Publisher: Kensington Publishing
Format: E-book
“In Georgina Kincaid, succubus and she-demon, #1 New York Timesbestselling author Richelle Mead has created one of her most enticing characters. But with a shot at love, and maybe even redemption, is the ultimate seductress finally going soft? Like hell she is. . .Georgina Kincaid has had an eternity to figure out the opposite sex, but sometimes they still surprise her. Take Seth Mortensen. The man has risked his soul to become Georgina's boyfriend. Still, with Lucifer for a boss, Georgina can't just hang up her killer heels and settle down to domestic bliss. In fact, she's being forced to transfer operations. . .to Las Vegas.The City of Sin is a dream gig for a succubus, but Georgina's allies are suspicious. Why are the powers-that-be so eager to get her away from Seattle—and from Seth? Georgina is one of Hell's most valuable assets, but if there's any way out of the succubus business she plans to take it—no matter how much roadkill she leaves behind. She just hopes the casualties won't include the one man she's risking everything for. . .”
Succubus Revealed is book six and last in the Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead.

Georgina is happy with her life. Finally she is together with Seth, she has her friends and love ones around her; apart from a crappy Christmas job and her missing her old job at the bookstore, we could say her life is as she have wanted it to be for a long time. But Hell has other plans for her. Georgina receives a sudden transfer to Las Vegas, but her transfer is a little bit suspicious because it breaks Hell’s usual modus operandi. 
Georgina is send to Vegas for a weekend first to meet her new handler, and oh! big surprise is her favorite boss ever, also at her arrival she learns she is going to work with one of her best friends who also has been recently transfer to Vegas and during her weekend stay she finds her dreamed job too. Georgina is very excited about all that; even tough she is worried how things are going to work with Seth and the distance. Seth can’t move with her because his sister in law is still very ill and his brother needs him more than ever in Seattle.
But when Georgina returns to Seattle from her weekend in Vegas and starts to think with a cold head about her trip, she realizes everything was too perfect in Vegas for being just a coincidence. She shares her thoughts about it with Roman who promises to help her find out the truth. But sometimes the truth is a lot more than what you expected and in some cases a lot more than what you can handle.

Let’s start by telling you that I’m writing this review with mix feelings, not because of the quality of the book but because it is the last one of this wonderful series and I’m sure I’m going to miss Georgina and her gang.

Georgina has come a long way; we have seen her grow throughout the pages. She has made us laugh and even cry a bit and finally we are accompanying her to find the happy ending she so much deserves.

I have to be honest with you, I have never been a Seth fan, before Succubus Revealed I would have prefer if Georgina had her HEA with Roman but after reading Succubus Revealed I have become Team Seth.

Georgina and Seth’s love is one of those that transcend barriers. They can fight against it but sometimes there are things bigger than any of us can comprehend. I won’t give more away, if you a Georgina fan I’m pretty sure you know what I’m talking about, if not, go get the books and discover it for yourself.

We have a favorite saying among my friends: How can you tell if a demon is lying? His lips are moving.

Succubus Revealed is a book about love, friendship, intrigues, deceptions and acceptance. As I said before I don’t want to give much away, being the last book and all that, so let me just say that there were some characters that I wanted to kill with my own hands and others that broke my heart, some teary eyed scenes and other what! No, it can be! moments.
My favorite characters apart from Georgina were Roman and Carter, and I really wish Mrs. Mead write a spin-off series for them because I really would love to see and learn more about them.

I leaned my head against him. “Why are you so nice to me?”
“Because Carter’s not your only fan.” When I looked back up, I saw Roman’s green eyes were deadly serious. “You’re a remarkable woman, just by your own nature. Smart. Funny. Compassionate. But what’s really great is that you’re so easy to underestimate. I did when we first met, you know. And Hell is now. No matter what their reaction to …… is, I guarantee most of them doubt you have a chance. You’re going to prove them wrong. You’re going to break the unbreakable. And I’ll be there helping you, as much as I can.”

Did I told you I love Roman? *swoon*

The only complaint I have about Succubus Revealed and my reason not to give it 5 paws is that there were some side stories that didn’t provide anything to the story and felt more like page fillings than anything else (bowling anyone?), also some important situations in my opinion were left unresolved.

All in all Succubus Revealed is a great conclusion to a great series. If you are a fan of the series is a book you need to read and if you haven’t read Georgina’s books yet you need to do it as soon as possible. Georgina Kincaid series is too good to let it pass.
I really admire Mrs. Mead for ending her series in a high tone and not drag them endlessly as other authors tend to do. So, kudos to you Mrs. Mead.

My Verdict: 4 ½ Paws


Other books in the series
Succubus Blues
Succubus on Top
Succubus Dreams
Succubus Heat
Succubus Shadows
Succubus Revealed

Other reviews Goodreads

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your review ! I'm so curious to read this book ! It's a really great series

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melliane, I agree with you, this series are great. I hope you enjoy Succubus Revealed as much as I did.

    Julie, Yes, this series are good, you need to read them, yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...