Contact Me

Monday, November 7, 2011

Notice...


As many of you may know last week we adopted a kitten, her name is Ellie. I knew things wouldn’t be easy with my cat (Kosita) because she is not an easy cat, but I never imagine it’ll be this difficult.
Almost a week has passed and Kosi hasn’t accepted Ellie. There have been some improvements but nothing major. Kosi is still hissing every time she sees or smells Ellie. But the worst part at least for me is that Kosi is unhappy and is avoiding me. Kosi used to be on top of me everyday, she also used to follow me around the house the whole day, she was my little shadow. But since Ellie came to the house she doesn’t come to me anymore and doesn’t want me to touch her. We (with dh) have done some research and her behavior is “normal” and it’s supposed to change with time, but it still breaks my heart.
I got Ellie because I thought it’ll be good for Kosi to have a furry friend, just like her, but I guess Kosi doesn’t appreciate my good intentions.
This situation with the little ones has been difficult for me and to add to that one there is also another pressing personal matter that is affecting me. So, with the excuse that in this part of the world will be holiday until Thursday I have decided to take couple of days off from blogging.
I hope to see you all soon and thank you for understanding.
Marcela.

7 comments:

  1. I feel your pain!! I will never, ever own female cats again because of this very problem. Owning 2 females is way more difficult than a male/female combo or my preference, all males. Are they both spayed? That may help the problem.

    I do hope that Kosi eventually accepts her! Good luck!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am VERY proud of you for taking this little break. It will help you immensely and you'll be much less stressed when you 'come back'. As I told you last week, just don't stay away from twitter because I need my week-daily Marcela fix. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sorry it's taking longer than you thought and you're still having problems!
    Hopefully it'll start getting better soon! I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a nice break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope everything turns out alright, and I know they will, nice things do!! happen to nice people.
    I hope will have you back soon, I don't know how long can I go with out my Tuesdays Hot- Hot Hottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it will be all right, I understand, it must be difficult, I'm sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh noooo Marcella, bless your heart. I am so sorry you are having such a rough time with the little furry ones. That is SO STRESSFUL. I hope you have a good break, take as long as you need. Sending you good vibes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear that things aren't being resolved with Kosi and Ellie. I hope Kosi will get use to her and come back to her normal self. Maybe trying to put Ellie in another room and focusing only on Kosi will help a little bit. I also hope that everything with you personally is going ok. Let me know if you every need to talk about anything! Take care and I'm glad we'll see you on twitter at least. :-D XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...