Contact Me

Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday's Short Review: Undeniable Yours by Shannon Stacey


Title: Undeniable Yours
Author: Shannon Stacey
Series: Kowalski Family, book 2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Harlequin
Source: Review copy from publisher
Format: E-book

“One-night stand + two percent condom failure rate = happily ever after?

Bar owner Kevin Kowalski is used to women throwing their phone numbers at him, but lately he’s more interested in finding a woman to settle down with. A woman like Beth Hansen. If only their first meeting hadn’t gone so badly…

Beth’s tending bar at a wedding when she comes face-to-face with a tuxedo-clad man she never thought she’d see again. She tries to keep her distance from Kevin but, by last call, she can’t say no to his too-blue eyes or the invitation back to his room. Then she slips out before breakfast without leaving a note and, despite their precautions, pregnant.

Kevin quickly warms to the idea of being a dad and to seeing where things go with Beth. After all, he’s not the player she thinks he is. But she’s not ready for a relationship and, given his reputation, it’s going to take a lot to convince her to go on a second date with the father of her child…”

Undeniable Yours is the second book in the Kowalski Family series by Shannon Stacey. 

Exclusively Yours (book one) made me fall in love with Kevin and the whole Kowalski family. As soon as I finished it I started Undeniable Yours. After what happened to Kevin he more than deserved a HEA and I was looking forward to read his story.

Kevin is still the same sweet and caring man. He is tired of having meaningless relationships, he was raised in a happy and stable family and he wants the same, he is ready to settle and start a family. When Beth comes with the news that she’s pregnant he man up and accepts the responsibility with a great attitude, he likes Beth a lot and is sure they can have something special together. He’s willing to go the extra mile to have what he wants with her. 
BUT and yes there is a big but, Beth is a pain in the... neck, what a frustrating character, I wanted to slap her, shake her and commit other acts of violence against her. I couldn’t understand her behavior at all. She lives a nomad life, staying in shitty places and working shitty jobs, why? Because her parents smothered with too much affection. Really? Now she’s with a baby on the way, a baby she feels is truncating her life. She is not alone, she has an awesome and caring guy than wants to protect her and help her as much as possible, and what does she do? She wears her stubbornness suit and declines all kind of help. She was insufferable, so much that I’d have preferred for them to stay friends, Kevin deserved a better person. At the end when everything is almost lost she realizes her mistake, but for me it was a little too late. 

There is a secondary story about Kevin’s best friend and bartender Paulie and her ex-fianc√© Sam. At a times I found their story more interesting than Kevin and that woman (Beth). 

My final thought: Even though Beth and her attitude almost killed the joy of the story, I found myself enjoying the book. Thankfully Kevin was a great character, one that outshines his counterpart. The secondary characters were also great, in a sense they saved the story (and my rating of the book). I’m still in love with the Kowalski family and their real and endearing interactions. Sadly I can’t say the same for Beth and Kevin, their relationship lacked depth and left me wondering if they would last together. 
As with previous book Mrs. Stacey’s writing style is not just fluid but is complemented with smart and fun dialogues, this makes of Undeniable Yours an engaging read. 

My Verdict: 4 Paws 

Other books in the series 
Exclusively Yours
Undeniable Yours
Yours to Keep

Other reviews Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. I think that I would feel like you too, but I would not forgive and the book would go bad for me :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I read about this series the more I want to read it myself!!!! Definitely going to stay on my TBR list and I'll probably be buying it sooner rather than later! :-D

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...