Contact Me

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Covers of the World: Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews

Today in Covers of the World we have Magic Strikes, third book in the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. 

English US Edition
English UK Edition
Audiobook Edition
French First Edition
French Reissue Edition
German Edition
Czech Edition
Spanish Edition
Polish Edition

Ok, where to start with these covers. I like the English US Edition but I think the Polish Edition with the different background looks better. I don't know what to say about the French First Edition, it's just bad and it doesn't have any relevance with the book. But the worst cover in my opinion is the Spanish Edition, the model is so skinny that is scary, I hate covers with anorexic models. 
My favorite covers are between the German Edition and the Polish Edition. I don't know what is with the Polish covers but all I have seen are exceptionally good. 
Which of these covers is your favorite and least favorite?


9 comments:

  1. It's true, the French First Edition was horrible, in France it was a problem and no one bought these books ! so they reedited with a new cover, she is better than the First but I don't like it :(
    My favorite cover is the Polish Edition and I hate the Czech Edition because the character for me don't represent Kate like I imagine her, and I prefer when Curran is here too ^^ sorry for all mistakes but sometimes my english isn't so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You English is great and don't worry about making mistakes, English is my second language and I also make a lot of mistakes :)
      I agree completely, the Czech cover is not good, the model doesn't have anything to do with Kate.

      Delete
    2. You should've told her "you at to hear Lupdilup"..LOL

      Delete
  2. I confess I have the old french edition lol, too bad when I see the new one, but after that I have the english one for some too, because we're so slow here. I agree with you the german is really nice. I love the new french one too (but it's quite like the german).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, German and French cover are very alike and many hugs for the ugly cover of your book. LOL

      Delete
  3. Oh great, now I am gonna get nightmares of anorectic Kate. Do they really think she could fight anyone when she is gonna break any moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my thought exactly, how is she going to lift her sword with those toothpick arms? One strong wind and she'll be flying. Imagine Curran hugging her... he'd break her. lol

      Delete
  4. I've always liked the German covers for this series. There is just something about them. I agree with you in thinking that the original French cover is bad but I think that it does have something to do with the story - the fights in the arena... At least that's how I see it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Polish and the Spanish edition, the girl in the French edition doesn't look at all to what I imagine Kate to look like.
    The audio edition wasn't that bad this time.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...