Contact Me

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Covers of the World: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

With the approaching release date of one of the most anticipated books of the year, Lover Reborn, I thought it will be a good idea to have today in Covers of the World the book that started it all, Dark Lover
Dark Lover is first book in The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward, 

English US Edition
English UK Edition
English Audiobook Edition
English Collector's Edition
Bulgarian Edition
Croatian Edition
Czech Edition
Danish Edition
Finish Edition
French Edition
Indonesian Edition
Italian First Edition
Italian Reissue Edition
Norwegian Edition
Polish Edition
Spanish Edition
Japanese Edition
Portuguese First Edition
Portuguese Reissue Edition

One thing that caught my attention with these covers was that the Italian and Portuguese first editions had a different book name than the second and last editions, first time I see something like that. 
From this bunch my favorite cover is the Croatian edition. My second favorite is the French edition. My least favorites are... many, let's start with the Italian reissue edition, that cover with a very young, almost childlike vampire girl doesn't have anything to do with this book, fail! 
And what's with the Finish edition, I think they confused this book with The Lost Boys movie or something like that. 
About the Indonesian cover the only thing I can say is that for the cover's designer's sake or whoever approved it, I really hope Wrath never sees this cover. 
Now is your turn, from these covers which are your favorites and least favorites?




10 comments:

  1. Oh boy...I am totally with you about the Indonesian cover. Just...bad. LOL The image on the Portuguese reissue is the same issue that you see on the cover of Lara Adrian's Midnight Rising. I've also seen it on other books but I can't remember them at this moment. I agree with your faves - same for me. The Finnish edition is just...interesting. lol I am loving these posts Marcela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to do a post about "recycled" covers.

      Delete
  2. I really like the portuguese one, it's nice. It's difficult to read outside witht the french one lol. I have the 5 first books but haven't read them yet. My least would be the Norwegian cover I think. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about reading outside lol, another reason why I love my ereader.
      Please you have to read these book, now... ok, or soon! ;)

      Delete
  3. I don't like the Indonesian and Italian at all, I think this time I like the US the best.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like the simplicity of the US cover.

      Delete
  4. Sorry, I was in a hurry back there, but I wanted to tell you I love this segment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, that's a lot of covers. I really like the Croatian edition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I know! When I saw the Finnish book in the bookstore I just thought wtf? And they are all like that.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...