Today in Covers of the World we have the book that started it all, Twilight (I don't like to say that out loud).
Twilight is the first book in the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer.
1. From left to right: English US first, second and third editions.
2. From left to right: English UK first edition, English UK second edition and Arabic edition.
3. From left to right: Dutch edition, Hebrew edition and French edition.
4. From left to right: Thai edition, Russian edition and German edition.
5. From left to right: Indonesian edition, Koren edition and Norwegian edition.
6. From left to right: Chinese edition, Czech edition and Danish edition.
Twilight has been published in at least 37 different languages with over 130 different editions. Many of those editions use the cover with the apple or an adaptation of it.
According to Stephenie Meyer the apple on the cover represents the forbidden fruit from the Book of Genesis. It symbolizes Bella and Edward's love, which is forbidden, similar to the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, as is implied by the quote from Genesis 2:17 that is quoted at the beginning of the book. It also represents Bella's knowledge of what good and evil are, and the choice that she has in partaking of the "forbidden fruit", Edward, or choosing not to see him. Alternative covers features Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, the actors who play Bella and Edward, in the film adaptation.
From These covers the ones I like the most are the Russian cover and the first US English edition.
The covers I like the least are English UK first edition and the covers that have Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson on them. The UK first edition cover is just terrible, there is not other word for it and the problem I have with the other ones is that in general I don't like film/TV Series based book covers and these ones are not the exemption.
Now is your turn, from these ones which are your favorites and least favorites book covers?