Contact Me

Friday, April 13, 2012

Review: Demonically Tempted by Stacey Kennedy


Title: Demonically Tempted
Author: Stacey Kennedy
Series: Frostbite, book 2
Genre: Urban Fantasy Romance
Source: Review copy from author
Format: E-book
“Tess Jennings, now a member of the Memphis Police Department, is on her first cold case. The suspected suicide of Lizbeth Knapp ten years ago isn’t a theory her family accepts—they believe she was murdered.  
But the case is only one of Tess’s worries. Ghosts are talking, and word of her abilities rapidly spreads. A dark ghost is terrifying the spirits of Memphis, and she must force the entity to cross over.  
Tess doesn’t have to do this alone. Not only does she have her ghost-lover, Kipp McGowen, but the department has brought in a medium. Dane Wolfe might answer all her questions, but he also brings a world of trouble. Will Tess finally have all she’s ever wanted, or will everything she’s vowed to protect be ripped away?” 
Demonically Tempted is the second book in the Frostbite series by Stacey Kennedy.

This book starts couple of weeks after the events in Supernaturally Kissed (first book). Tess and Kipp relationship is better than ever, they are happy and doing the best they can do with their relationship. Tess is also working full time with the Memphis Police department, she is using her ability to talk to ghosts to help solve cold cases.
Between the ghosts word is spreading fast of what Tess can do. One night she is surprised by the visit of almost dozen of ghosts in her house, they need her help, they want her to vanquish a dark force that is scaring them. If this wasn’t enough the police department brings Dane Wolfe, Dane is a medium that works for the FBI, they brought him in to help Tess tune up her abilities, but his intention are different, he has a hidden agenda that involves Kipp.

Even though I liked and enjoyed Demonically Tempted I had some problems with it. Especially with Tess, the feel I had of her in this book was completely different than the feel I got from her in Supernaturally Kissed; it almost felt as if I was reading a different character, especially during the first part of the book. She was a bit too whiny and her behavior was somehow childish; I really wanted to smack her for grand part of the book, I didn’t have that feeling while reading her in Supernaturally Kissed. At the end Tess got better and I liked her more, but it was almost a little too late.

I loved Kipp, despite being a ghost he is a dreamy and swoon worthy character; his reactions where a bit too much but understandable because of his “non-corporeal” situation. We learned more about him and what we learned was something I suspected in Supernaturally Kissed but I had given up to that idea, I really liked that curveball Mrs. Kennedy threw at us, sneaky, sneaky, sneaky!

In Demonically Tempted we also see the characters we loved in Supernaturally Kissed. Zach is still a sweetheart and a great friend. The cops Max and Eddie are still funny and always there when you need them. One character that surprised me a lot was Tess’ best friend Caley, she has grown a lot, I really liked this new and improved Caley, I think Tess needs some lessons from her.

From the new characters I wanted to kill Dane slowly and painfully, I know he did what he did because he thought he was doing something right and that needed to be done, but I didn’t agree with his “the end justifies the means” way of doing things.
One new character I really liked was the witch Gretchen, she was really nice and understood was Tess was going through and was more than willing to help when the need arise, I really hope to see more of her in books to come.

The end is a cliffhanger-ish but not one of those throw-the-book-to-the-wall ones, it’s one that will leave you eagerly waiting for the next installment of this series, Mystically Bound.

I recommend Demonically Tempted and this series in general to all urban fantasy romance lovers who want something fun, sexy and quick to read, I also recommend reading these books in order.
I’m looking forward to this fall to the release of Mystically Bound.  

My Verdict: 4 Paws

Other books in the series
Demonically Tempted
Mystically Bound (Fall 2012)

Other reviews Goodreads

8 comments:

  1. I keep hearing great things about this series. Well I was surprised when I saw the first volume, the cover is really different. I wouldn't have thought it was the sequel. I need to check it now... Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them, they are quick to read, perfect for those days you want something fun and easy.

      Delete
  2. OK girl,this is the second book in the series, so I didn't read the review, I'll be back after I'm done with the first, I'm sure the review is good (they always are), I just looked at the rating. It's got to be a good series, I've hear so many anticipating and reviewing, so I'll be adding it to my TBR. I'll go check to see if the first book is on audio.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think, I hope you like them.

      Delete
  3. I like the cover to this book. New follower. Another book series that I have to start and soon. Good review.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it as much as I did. And welcome and thank you for visiting my blog. ;)

      Delete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...