Contact Me

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Covers of the World: Ill Wind by Rachel Caine

Today in Covers of the World we have the first book in the Weather Warden series by Rachel Caine, Ill Wind

 
1. From left to right: English US edition and German edition.

 
2. From left to right: English UK first edition and English UK second edition.

 
3. From left to right: French edition and Czech edition. 

Ill Wind has only eleven editions, many of which use the same cover as the English US edition. 
From these covers the ones I like the most are the English US edition and the English UK second edition. The US edition is a great depiction of the book and the UK second edition is a pretty cover. I like my covers to have a relation with the content of the book, for that reason the cover I like the least is the Czech cover, Joanne Baldwin is not an octopus or medusa or anything similar. 
What do you think of these covers?

5 comments:

  1. I think this time I prefer the french one, and I would say the Czech edition as my last favorite as well. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What on earth is going on with octopus lady?! Honestly they are all meh, but book 1 and 2 are the better ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of this series, I love her Morganville Vampires series, I got to check this one out.
    it's hard to pick one, I need to know more about the series, but on the blind, I like the English second edition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my all time favorite Urban Fantasy series! Glad you highlighted it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I was wondering if the Czech cover was a little too spoilery but then you said it has nothing to do with the chick in the book so now I'm just giggling uncontrollably. *giggle* I have the first book in this series but have yet to actually read it. Jen told me to buy it. ;) As for covers, I think I like the US one best.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...