Contact Me

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

10 Reasons to Love Audiobooks by Lupdilup From Hot Listens

Couple of months ago thanks to Loupe (@Lupdilup) from Hot Listens I discovered the magic world of audiobooks. I still read regular books/ebooks but nowadays I always have an audiobook handy on my phone. Now that I'm a proud audiobook lover and with June being the audiobook month and all that I want you to learn about them and, why not, maybe give them a try; for that reason I invited Loupe over to my blog, what a better person to talk about her love for audiobooks than the person who introduced me to them, now I leave you with Loupe.



First I like to tell you how I discovered audiobooks. Back in 2008 a friend of mine asked... well, she demanded that I read the Twilight book, and to say that I was rolling my eyes at her request would be an understatement. To that point it had been years since I had picked up a book, and my reading preferences to that point were mysteries and crime novels, I remember reading everything Anne Rule used to publish.

So finally one night I was bored out of my mind and decided to start reading the dam book, Twilight. Well, I didn't get off the couch for 3 days except to go find the next book in the series - and so my love affair with paranormal romance began, unfortunately my family was paying the price for my new addiction, you see, I’m a compulsive reader, if I begin to read a book and I like it, I can not put it down until I finish, so that meant seven hours  of sitting on the couch while everything else around me was being neglected, I know books are the greatest thing ever, but and an addiction is an addiction, and inevitably it would have a price, and my case the price was too high, my family and my health, sounds so dramatic, I know, but it is just the truth.
Surfing around the net I came across audible.com, that immediately grabbed my attention, and I decided to check it out.  That same day I signed up for a membership and the first book I downloaded, do you have to guess? Yes it was Twilight.
A great new way to enjoy the books I love was open to me, and I never looked back.

So here are my 10 top reasons why I love audiobooks.

10 - Making that trip to the supermarket has never been better in the company of one the BDB brothers. 
9 - Folding the laundry while Kate Daniels kicks some buddy, will only energized you, and before you know it, the whole pile is folded a properly put away. 
8 - My ability concentrate in two different tasks has tremendously improved. 
7 - A healthier way of life, I lost the 15 lbs. I put on while I was just sitting and reading. 
6 - A terrific way to tune out some of the unpleasant water cooler conversations at work. 
5 - Never having to be grouch-making dinner for the family because now I can do it all while I’m lost somewhere in Edinburg, Ireland. 
4 - Exercising while Barrons, Curran, Jaime, Wrath, Terrible, and all my other boyfriends take me to their sexy endeavors. 
3 - Driving is never a hustle, and being stuck in traffic is never frustrating, because my heroes and heroines are getting busy kicking ass and ridding the world of evil. 
2 - Listening to Barrons (Fever series) tell Mac “ Don’t leave me rainbow girl” or “ I don’t do hypotheticals little girl”. 
1 - Having two free hands to do other things...Need I say more?


Loupe wants to (convert) spread the love for audiobooks so much that she is having an Amazing Giveaway on her blog, she is giving your choice of 6 months membership of audible.com, or your choice of a $100.00 Amazon or B&N Giftcard. Go over there and say hi to her. 

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me, I never guest blog before, it was fun, and thank you so much for mentioning the giveaway.
    I'm so happy you got find out how cool audiobooks can be.
    Now, let me go bribe my family and friends to come by a comment...Time to cash out on a lot favors...or maybe I'll just make them and offer they can't refuse LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for having me and allowing me to share some of the reasons I love audiobooks.
    And thanks for posting about the giveaway, maybe I get more people to discover how cool audiobooks can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you for introducing me to the magic world of audiobooks ;)

      Delete
  3. I need to try an audiobook, it's true. But I don't think it's really for me, I'm not patient and I'm sure at the end I wouldn't listen up. But I'm also very curious to try one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best way to see if it's for you is to try to re-visit a book you loved, I highly recommend to Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. That's a great introduction to audiobooks.

      Delete
    2. I was like you but now I love them. Give them a try and let me know, I'm sure you will like them. ;)

      Delete
    3. thank you, I'll try if I can find it. Of course, I'll let you know... What can I do when you both tell me that lol, I really need to have one soon.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I so agree with 10, 4 and 2!! The others are good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, having Barrons whispering in your ear is priceless ;)

      Delete
    2. I need him to whisper on my ear!

      Delete
  5. Hehe, these are all excellent points and I've done nearly every single one of them. Grocery shopping isn't my responsibility in our household so unfortunately BDB doesn't keep me company at the supermarket but I love listening to audiobooks while tackling the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't listen to audiobooks while doing the dishes, but I do it when I'm cleaning the house and sometimes I clean more than necessary just to finish a chapter. LOL

      Delete
  6. Oh yea, dishes too, actually all household chores are almost and I say almost..lol, enjoyable when you're listening to a good audiobook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Lup! I can't wait until my kids get older and Jason learns to make his own supper so I can 'read' more audiobooks! :)

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...