Contact Me

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Covers of the World: Caressed By Ice by Nalini Singh

Today in Covers of the World we have the third book in the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh, Caressed by Ice.

  
1. From left to right: English US edition, English UK edition and Spanish edition. 

  
2. From left to right: German edition, French edition and Thai edition.



 
3. From left to right: English audiobook edition and Japanese edition.

For me is very important that a cover represents the book or at least that is true to its content, so when I see a cover that is "wrong" I can't help but have problems with it and that is the case with the German and the English audiobook covers. In those covers the male characters is depicted as a shifter and in Caressed By Ice the male character is a Psy not a shifter. 
The covers I like the least are the Japanese, the English audiobook and the English US covers. In the Japanese cover the model looks like a child, that feels wrong especially with the adult content of the book. Apart for being wrong the Audiobook cover is really ugly, the guy with the mullet and the woman with the 70s makeup doesn't help and the English US edition cover feels outdated. 
My favorite cover is the English UK edition, I like the model, the font and the colors, it's a lot better than the Spanish edition despite being very similar. 
What do you think of these covers? 


3 comments:

  1. I don't like the french cover for this series... I think my favorite is the same as yours. You're right also for the japanese, it's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg the mullet!! And that is Judd, so why the animal print?
    Dunno really, they all suck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Thai edition the best, but none of these people really look like Judd and Brenna to me. Brenna's a tough survivor; none of these women looks like she'd risk breaking a nail.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...