Contact Me

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Covers of the World: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Today in Covers of the World we have the first book in the Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy

  
1. From left to right: English US first edition, English US last edition and English UK edition. 

  
2. From left to right: German edition, Spanish edition and Turkish edition.

  
3. From left to right: Indonesian edition, Dutch edition and Bulgarian edition. 

  
4. From left to right: Italian edition, Slovenian edition and Swedish edition. 

Vampire Academy has over 50 editions, many of those use the same cover as English US first edition. 
From the above covers my favorites are the English US last edition and German edition. What I like about the English US last edition cover is its simplicity. And about the German cover I like the colors, I think is very pretty. 
The ones I don't like are many, let's start by the Turkish cover, what is the guy doing in the cover? And couldn't they find a better model with a little less makeup? The Dutch edition looks more like an historical than a paranormal cover and what is with the Swedish edition? Were they trying to channel the exorcist or what?
Ok, now it's your turn, what do you think of these covers? 

2 comments:

  1. I do hate the Swedish version cos every book in the series look the same, just different colors.

    but the Bulgarian is cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's funny the slovenian makes me think of the Marqued series. I think I love the Bulgarian one. it's so nice.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...