Contact Me

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Covers of the World: Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells

Today in Covers of the World we have Red-Headed Stepchild.
Red-Headed Stepchild is the first book in the Sabina Kane series by Jaye Wells. 

From left to right: English cover and Polish cover.

From left to right: French first edition and French last edition.

From left to right: German edition and Audiobook edition.

I don't know if you know this, last week Red-Headed Stepchild made it to the USA TODAY Best-Selling Books list! YAY! If you haven't read this book (series) what are you waiting for? You need to read it now!

From these covers my favorites are the English edition followed by French first edition. I liked the German edition but as you may know I'm a "bit" anal about covers relating to the story and one important factor is Sabina's red and black hair, the model in the german cover only has red hair. I have the same problem with the French second edition cover, the model is NOT Sabina. 
My least favorite is the audiobook, why? The way the model is holding the gun doesn't make sense and the photoshop of the hair looks badly done, all in all the audiobook cover looks like a cheap cover, it doesn't do justice to this Great book. 

What do you think of these covers? Have you read this book? 

3 comments:

  1. It's funny they're pretty the same. We have two different covers for the big and small format. It's often like that with Orbit and Livre de poche, we had the same for the Gail Carriger series or some others. I like the English and the French ones. My least is the german edition...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of the French, it tells me nothing.

    So I stick with the originals

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the German Edition, I think the girl in the cover is pretty.
    I got to continue with the series, I did enjoyed this book a lot, and I can imagine it only gets better.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...