Contact Me

October 20th

October 20th

Friday, November 16, 2012

Early Review: The Prince by Tiffany Reisz



Title: The Prince
Author: Tiffany Reisz
Series: The Original Sinners,
book 3
Genre: Erotica, BDSM 
Publisher: MIRA
Source: Review copy from publisher
Format: E-book
“Keep your friends close and your enemies closer...preferably in bed. That's always been Kingsley Edge's strategy with his associate, the notorious New York dominatrix Nora Sutherlin. But with Nora away in Kentucky, now it's Kingsley's chance to take her place at the feet of the only man he's ever wanted -- Søren, Nora's on-again, off-again lover -- until a new threat from an old enemy forces him to confront his past. 
Wes Railey is still the object of Nora's tamest yet most maddening fantasies, and the one man she can't forget. He's young. He's wonderful. He's also thoroughbred royalty and she's in "his" world now. But Nora is no simpering Southern belle, and her dream of fitting into Wesley's world is perpetually at odds with her dear Søren's relentlessly seductive pull.
Two worlds of wealth and passion call to her and whichever one Nora chooses, it will be the hardest decision she will ever have to make... unless someone makes it for her...”
The Prince is the third book in The Original Sinners series by Tiffany Reisz.

After meeting Wes and Nora in The Siren and reading “the” end of The Angel(Second book in the series) saying I was eagerly waiting for this book is an understatement. I couldn’t wait to read Nora and Wes story and here is where I have my only tiny complaint about The Prince. This book was not only about Wes and Nora, but it was also about Kingsley and Søren’s past and present stories; that’s not my complaint, I loved them and I loved their story, my complaint was that their story eclipsed Wes and Nora’s story. If I’m honest I was expecting a lot more from Wes and Nora, I’m not saying their story was bad because it wasn’t, I’m just saying it wasn’t as engaging as Kingsley and Søren’s.

Nora is in Kentucky with Wes, living his lifestyle, something that’s very new and vanilla for her. She is happy to be with him but sometimes she misses Søren and what he represents for her. This added some angst to the story, it’s obvious Nora loves Wes but she also loves Søren and I don’t think Wes will ever be enough for Nora nor do I think he can change his life to accommodate Nora’s lifestyle because that’s not who he really is. Their relationship is like seeing a speed chase, it’s exciting, many things are happening at the same time, but you know nothing good is coming out of it, most probably there will be causalities and there is nothing you can do to help, but watch from the outskirts and hope for the best.

Wes is the same sweet, caring and perfect gentleman we met in The Siren. He loves Nora and wants to give her everything, while keeping her away from harm’s way. What he can’t accept or understand is that Nora enjoys being in harm’s way. I really don’t see a feasible happy future for them; I see many difficult days to come.

Kingsley, Oh My Kingsley, how do I love thee! Kingsley stole the show in The Prince. He is a tortured hero with a past filled with losses and grief. At an early age he lost his parents and was separated from his beloved sister. When he no longer had left any hope he found love in Søren not so tender arms, just to lose him and his sister all over again, but in a more painful way.
Many years have passed and he is still in love with Søren, a love that is not reciprocated, at least not in the way Kingsley would want. Kingsley doesn’t want to love Søren, but you can’t order you heart to stop loving someone. For years he has to console himself with watching Søren for afar while Søren loves Nora. My poor Kingsley, my heart aches for you!
I really hope he can have some kind of a HEA with Søren and Nora. I’m sure they can make it work.

Søren, Søren, Søren, from not liking him in The Siren, to liking him in The Angel, to now loving him after reading The Prince. Søren is such a complex character that you need to really know him to understand him, you need to see his past, his present, his hopes and fears to be able to see the real Søren. He may be perceived as not having any feelings but the reality is completely different, he is a man that loves deeply, just in a very different way. There is only one thing left to do and that it to accept him the way he is.

With her amazing writing Mrs. Reisz made discover an unknown world, a world of strong passions and deep bonds in which Trust is the key player. Mrs. Reisz is a master storyteller, one that word after word kept me glued till the very end of the pages, where she gave us “that” end, the cliffhanger of cliffhangers that left me dying to get my hands in the next book of the series The Mistress.

The Prince is a great addition to an amazing series, one I recommend you all to read. This book should be read as part of the series, so if you haven’t read The Siren and The Angel can I ask you in which world are you living? Go! And read them now, you can thank me later for recommending them to you.

My Verdict: 4 ½ Paws

Other books in the series
The Prince
The Mistress (2013)
The Priest (2013)

Other reviews Goodreads


7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous review, Marcela!!! Totally agree, Soren and Kingsley completely stole the show. I had shivers every time I read about them. Even Nora talking about Soren and what she really did on her birthday to push Wes away... I had no words for this. How completely different can one person be seen from book #1 to book #3?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kingsley is now a favorite. I can't wait for book 4 to see what's going to happen with all of them.

      Delete
  2. That good? Still unsure, but then me and erotica, I skim sex as it is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case I don't know what to tell you. This books are great but there is a lot of sex in it and the sex play an important part in the story.

      Delete
  3. I'm downloading the Angel as we speak, your review just reminded me how much I loved The Siren, and how much I need to continue with the series.
    Excellent review, I can't wait to get to this one.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear what you think about The Angel. I think that one was my favorite.

      Delete
  4. I was disappointed in Wes/Nora too. I feel their storyline didn't evolve enough.

    But I did love King and Soren past :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...