Contact Me

Friday, November 23, 2012

Rant: Dear Authors, Normal guys CAN'T smell a women's arousal from across a room


Last week I was reading a book that led me to this conversation with DH*:

Me: Baby can you smell me when I’m aroused?
DH: What do you mean?
Me: You know, when I’m horny, can you smell me?
DH: Are you asking me if I can smell your vaginal fluids?
Me: mmm I guess that’s what I’m asking, but I’m asking if you can smell me when I’m dressed?
DH: How can I smell you when you are dressed? I think the only way for me to smell you when you are dressed is if you are very dirty., like no shower in days and please, I don’t even want to think about it.
Me: So you can only smell me when you are close and I’m undressed?
DH: I have to be almost between your legs to smells you. Why are you asking me this?
Me: In this book I’m reading the guy is across the room and he is smelling the woman’s arousal.
DH: Is he a werewolf?
Me: No.
DH: Is he a vampire?
Me: No, he is a normal guy.
DH: Ok, that’s bullshit., It’s impossible for him to smell her arousal across a room.
Me: Thank you baby, that’s what I thought.
DH: What are you reading?

After that conversation I Twitted this tweet:
“Dear Authors, Normal guys CAN'T smell a women's arousal from across a room. Please leave that to werewolves & vampires.”

That tweet was retweeted many times and I got many comments about it all agreeing with me; that led me to write this post.
I may believe a were creature, a vampire or some other kind of supernatural being can smell a woman's arousal across a room, but please, if a normal guy can smell a woman’s “arousal”, even when he is next to her I think she needs to call her OB GYN and get an appointment ASAP and the guy needs to run for his life.

Where I’m going with all this? The thing is that it really bothers me when I find this kind of situation in a book, it makes me like the characters less and doubt the author’s talent.
I don’t know if it affects you as much as it affects me but sometimes I even want to stop reading the book, especially when it’s a recurrent issue. Every time it’s mention that the "hero" can smells the heroine's arousal it makes me squirm in my chair and not in a good way.
What do you think? Does this bother you as much as it bothers me or you don’t care?

*DH: Dear husband.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you!!
    I hate this whole " I can smell your desire thing". I'm not even crazy about it for supernatural creatures. I mean, what would happen if they were in a room with 100 ladies, because they're all hot, right? That room would stink to high heaven of lady parts.
    So yeah, every time I read that I want to give the woman involved my gynecologists number.
    Thanks for saying it, pretty sure we all were thinking it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahahahahahahaha!

    Your convo with the DH is hilarious! But you have a point, unless the woman is drenched in fluids or the guy has animal senses, this is just impossible.

    Love this post Marcela, Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post Marcela, you're totaly right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, your poor husband but yeah, silly books. Most stuff in books are silly really. Especially HR books, all those virgin heroines who gets laid and gets an orgasm in the next minute. And it's all roses, not to mention that no authors seems to know where the hymen is

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious! I'm always put off by the 'he could see her pulse racing in her neck' thing. I don't really see how that could be possible, unless you are severely under weight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS. I thought it was strange but wasn't sure if it was just me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL too true! It's the sexual equivalent of violet eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...