Contact Me

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Covers of the World: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Today we are back with Covers of the World. In this first Covers of the World of 2013 we have Bloodlines. Bloodlines is the first book in the Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead. 

 1. English US edition & Czech edition.

 2. Turkish edition & Polish edition. 

 3. Dutch edition & Russian edition.

 4. Hungarian edition & English UK edition.

5. Hungarian edition & German edition.


I have to be honest with you, my impressions about this book will be completely visual because I haven't read Bloodlines, so I really can't say if the cover relates to the content of the book or not. 
As you can see four of this covers (US, Czech, Turkish, and Polish) use the same cover-art, but with slight variations on the font, tones and the position of the flowers. My favorite from these covers is the English US edition, I like it because I think it looks cleaner than the others. 
From the rest of the covers my favorite is the Russian cover, followed by the English UK cover. I like the Russian cover because the model looks fierce, I like her outfit and the background used in the cover just makes it better. I also like the placement of the title and how is superimposed over the VA. 
What I like about the English UK cover is its simplicity and how it expresses through symbolism. 
My least favorite is the Hungarian cover, I think it looks more like a make-up advertisement than a book cover. 
What do you think of these covers? Have you read this book? If so, which one do you think depicts more clearly its content? 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the Russian cover. (Even though I believe her hair is blond in the book.0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Russian too cos it looks cool, but the rest are boring

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...