Contact Me

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Covers of the World: Magician Apprentice by Raymond E. Feist

Lately I've been reading a lot of fantasy, one of the books I liked the most was Magician Apprentice. Magician Apprentice is the first book in the Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist.

1. English US first edition  & English UK first edition. 

 2. English US second edition & Turkish edition.

3. Spanish edition & Portuguese edition. 

4. French second edition & French last edition.

5. German first edition & German last edition. 

6. Greek edition & Hungarian edition.  

7. Czech edition & Polish edition. 


This book has many other editions/covers, using them all with be a little bit too much. One thing I found very interesting is that it has as many editions in English as it has in French. 
My favorite covers are the English US second edition, the French last edition and the Polish edition. I like them because they are simpler and in a way cleaner. If I had to pick just one I would choose the French last edition with the Polish cover a very close second.
My least favorites are the Hungarian edition, the Greek edition and the German first edition. I don't like the colours nor the art of the Hungarian cover; my first impression of it was of a Native American with a dragon, not much to do with the story. That's the same problem I have with the Greek cover, it doesn't translate anything of the story into the art. My problem with the German first edition is that the magician looks like a villain I wouldn't want to read a book with that cover. 
What do you think of these covers? Which is your favorite and least favorite? 


2 comments:

  1. Oh I never saw the french first edition but I really like too the last edition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, oh poor Magician, why did you get such sucky covers?

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...