Contact Me

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

2013 Audiobook Challenge Update: First Quarter

As you may know (sidebar) I'm participating in the 2013 Audio Book Challenge, hosted by The Book Nympho and Hot Listens. This is my First Quater Update, but before going into detail of what I've been listening to I want to tell you a little bit about audio books. 

Thanks to Loupe (Hot Listens) last year I discovered the Magic World of Audio Books, since then I haven't looked back. I listen to audio books while driving, cleaning the house, cooking, knitting, jogging... You get the idea and if you don't, you can go here and read The 10 Reasons Why Loupe Loves Audiobooks

If you want to join this challenge you still can, don't worry you can join at anytime. Just go to the original post at The Book Nympho and sign up. It's that easy.

Reading Challenge Details 

  • Runs January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013. You can join at anytime. 
  • The goal is to find a new love for audios if you are new to them or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2013 than you did in 2012.
  • Books must be in audio format.
  • ANY genres count. 
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed. 
  • If you're a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. 
  • You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads or LibraryThing or on your audible.com or other accounts you have.
Levels

Newbo (Not quite addicted) 1-5 audios
Ear Worm (Narrator's voice gets stuck in your head) 5-10 audios
Tickle Me Audio (Seriously, I'm getting serious) 10-15 audios
Plugged In (I can quit anytime) - 15+ audios


My goal is Plugged In, to listen to 15 or more audio books. I think I'm doing pretty well with it, what do you think? 


 

  

 

 

 

Wise Man's Fear is the one I'm listening to right now, I'm almost done with it, I only have 25% left to finish it. 

Some of these books like Outlander and Dragonfly in Amber I read years ago, but let me tell you something, listening to them is a complete difference experience. If you have a favorite book I recommend you to listen to its audiobook, you will see how new and different it does feel. I think when we read books we love we read them fast because we are dying to know what happens next, with audio books you can't rush the narrator, this is great because it makes you experience every single detail you had missed when you  read it (fast)

For more info click on the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page.

4 comments:

  1. Great job!!! And this line up is worth a least 4 more books, Outlander and Dragonfly in Amber are worth 3 books each...LOL
    You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that you really are enjoying books on audio...YAY!

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And you are right, Outlander and Dragonfly in Amber are very long books, but nothing like A Memory of Light, that one is even longer, 41 hrs and 55 mins!... And Wise Man's Fear is even longer, 43 hours!! :)

      Delete
  2. Good job! Some interesting listens. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...