Contact Me

Friday, April 5, 2013

Review: Eternally Devoted by Stacey Kennedy



Title: Eternally Devoted
Author: Stacey Kennedy
Series: Frostbite, book 4
Genre: Urban Fantasy Romance
Source: Review copy from author
Format: E-book
“Tess Jennings, who has been gifted with the ability to see ghosts, struggles to help the Grand Master of the Animus, Alexander, cross over. She might even have discovered who murdered him, but she has no way to prove it. 
Adding to her pile of failures, Tess must accept a harsh reality—she has officially run out of time. The closer she gets to an answer to save her ghost lover, Kipp McGowen, the more she’s realizing she’s been searching for an answer she didn’t want to find. 
Tess will have to make difficult choices, and her decisions will lead to consequences she cannot predict. Will Kipp finally take a living breath again, or will Tess take her last and join him in the Netherworld forever?” 
Eternally Devoted is the fourth and last book in the Frostbite series by Stacey Kennedy.

Eternally Devoted starts after events in Mystically Bound (book 3). Tess is not only trying to figure out who killed Alexander, but also trying to find the book that contains the spell to bring Kipp’s spirit back into his body. When the solution seems close at hand something completely unexpected happens and leaves Tess desolated and without a clear way out. Luckily for Tess something unforeseen occurs and she learns the so needed answer to her problems from a very surprising source.

Tess has come a long way, she started this series hating her “gift”, seeing ghosts only as nuisances in her life and avoiding them at all costs. Slowly she learned that she could help others while using her gift and even though it took her sometime she got to a place where she learned to appreciate it. In Eternally Devoted she came to a pivoting point where she had two options, forget about her gift or embrace it and do her best with it. I really liked the way she came to that point, what she had to experience to get there was just a treat for her and for us.

Kipp, OMG, Kipp! I didn’t think he could get any hotter but OMG! He could and he did. I don’t want to say much about him not to give spoilers away, let me just tell you that he was everything I was expecting him to be and more, much more. *swoon*

Kipp and Tess relationship hasn’t been an easy one but one of many hardships along the way. Their love and mutual devotion has been tested many times and it was not different in Eternally Devoted, this only made the outcome a more satisfying one.

As with in previous installments the secondary characters made of Eternally Devoted a more entertaining and complete read. I can only hope for a spinoff series where we can see and learn more about them and what they are doing in their lives.

Every time I read a last installment of a series I can’t help it but feel a little bit afraid because I don’t know if I’m going to get the closure I’ve been waiting for or if I’m going to be disappointed as I have been before with so many “last books” in other series. Ok, let me tell you something, Mrs. Kennedy nailed it with the ending of Eternally Devoted. It was so perfectly done that it left me completely satisfied and with a very big smile on my face. Eternally Devoted is a book of closure, acceptance of oneself and complete devotion towards those you love.

I have loved Tess and Kipp since the moment I met them; the journey they had to make to be together was one I fully enjoyed and one I recommend you all to take. To live the whole Tess & Kipp’s experience these books must be read in order.

My Verdict: 4 Paws

Other books in the series
Eternally Devoted

Other reviews Goodreads


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this one, it sounds really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right the series I should read...I am so lazy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not even read book three! What is wrong with me?! I'm glad to know that the series ends well. Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...