Contact Me

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Covers of the World: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Today I have a very special book in Covers of the World, Throne of Glass. Throne of Glass is the first book in the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
Meet Celaena Sardothien.Beautiful. Deadly. Destined for greatness.

In the dark, filthy salt mines of Endovier, an eighteen-year-old girl is serving a life sentence. She is a trained assassin, the best of her kind, but she made a fatal mistake: she got caught.

Young Captain Westfall offers her a deal: her freedom in return for one huge sacrifice. Celaena must represent the prince in a to-the-death tournament—fighting the most gifted thieves and assassins in the land. Live or die, Celaena will be free. Win or lose, she is about to discover her true destiny. But will her assassin’s heart be melted?
After hearing so many great things about the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas, I decided to give it a try. My plan was to read The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (first prequel novella) and if I liked it get the other novellas and books and read them next time I’ll have an opening in my reading schedule. What I wasn’t expecting was liking it so much that I ended up doing a Throne of Glass series marathon. Yes, you heard/read right, I read the four prequel novellas and the two full-length books one behind the other. I loved this series so much that I bought the books for my nephew. He also ended up doing a Throne of Glass series marathon. Now my sister is reading them and she is loving them too. As you can see this book/series is made of awesome. If you like Fantasy this book/series is for you. 
Without further ado here are the covers for Throne of Glass.


1. English cover US first edition & US second edition.


2. English cover UK edition & French edition.


 3. German edition & Italian edition.


4. Spanish edition & Turkish edition. 

My favorite cover from this bunch is the English Cover UK edition. I like the colors and how Celaena looks like she's ready to kick some ass. 
My least favorite is the Spanish edition, it just looks like a poster for a 007 movie. That one is closely followed by the English cover US first edition and the Turkish edition, those covers just don't say anything about the book and if I were judging/buying a book for its cover sadly this book will fail. 

Which are your favorite and least favorite covers from this group? 

2 comments:

  1. UK as well! I really like the art on the German edition though. The full picture was so gorgeous, pity they only showed part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first 4 works, the rest not so much

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...