Contact Me

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cover Revealed: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison

The new cover I have for you today is the cover for The Undead Pool. The Undead Pool is the twelfth book in one of my all time favorite series, The Hollows by Kim Harrison.

I have to be honest with you, I don't like this cover. My first impression when I saw it was that this was a new series by Kim Harrison and not a cover for The Hollows. I don't like that Rachel looks blonde when she is far from it. I like that Trent was included in the cover, but sadly the model they use doesn't represent him well at all. If that weren't enough the cover also looks somehow more steampunk or sci-fi than urban fantasy. I don't know if it was designed by a different artist, but it looks very different from previous covers. I don’t know why they decided to change a formula that has worked well for eleven previous covers. 


The Undead Pool
The Hollows #12
Urban Fantasy
February 25th, 2014


"Witch and day-walking demon Rachel Morgan has managed to save the demonic ever after from shrinking, but at a high cost. Now strange magic is attacking Cincinnati and the Hollows, causing spells to backfire or go horribly wrong, and the truce between the races, between Inderlander and human, is shattering. 

Rachel must stop the occurrences before the undead vampire masters who keep the rest of the undead under control are lost and it becomes all-out supernatural war. However, the only way to do so is through the ancient elven wild magic, which carries its own perils."



What do you think? Do you like this cover?

2 comments:

  1. I need to pick this series back up, I tried the first book a few times, but I can't get past a few chapters. I need to read it instead.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...