Contact Me

Monday, November 4, 2013

Review: The Wrong Billionaire’s Bed by Jessica Clare (Jill Myles)


Title: The Wrong Billionaire’s Bed
Author: Jessica Clare
Series: Billionaire Boys Club, book 3
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Berkley Intermix
Source: Review copy from publisher
Format: E-book
“The Billionaire Boys Club is a secret society of six men who have vowed success--at any cost. Not all of them are old money, but all of them are incredibly wealthy. They're just not always as successful when it comes to love...

Audrey Petty's always been the responsible one. The good twin.  Successful, dependable, and trustworthy--that's Audrey. She'd be the perfect girlfriend for her childhood crush, billionaire Cade Archer...except that she's pretty sure she's not even on his radar. But when fate (and her chaotic twin) come together, Audrey finds out that she'll be spending the next month with Cade at his remote cabin retreat. It's a dream come true...

Until she meets her worst nightmare.

Billionaire playboy Reese Durham is used to seducing women to get what he wants. But when stiff, too-proper Audrey bursts into the private mountain lodge and scares his companion out the door, it's time for a little revenge. It's clear that Audrey's in love with his buddy, Cade...and it's clear to Reese that blackmailing Audrey with this information can get her to agree to just about anything. Like furtive kisses in the dark, or a secret rendezvous in the woods. Audrey may think she knows what she wants, but Reese is determined to show her what she needs.

And as Reese discovers the volatile minx behind the buttoned-up exterior, he starts to think maybe she's just what he needs, too.”
The Wrong Billionaire’s Bed is the third book in the Billionaire Boys Club by Jessica Clare.

I’ve been waiting for Audrey and Reese’s book since the moment I met them in Stranded with a Billionaire (first book in the series), sadly, after liking Stranded with a Billionaire and loving Beauty and the Billionaire (second book), The Wrong Billionaire’s Bed didn’t meet with my expectations.

First, Audrey was too wishy washy for my taste. Since she can remember she has been in love with Cade, trying to attract him she adopted a false personality and has lived for years pretending to be somebody she is not. People abuse her and she let them, specially her sister Daphne. I really wanted her to find a backbone and sadly when she did it was a bit too late.
Another problem I had with her is that she was saying all the time she was in love with Cade while she was having sex with Reese; sorry, but if you are in love with somebody you shouldn’t sleep with one of his best friends, especially when sharing the same roof.

Even though I liked Reese and I liked his sense of humor and his strength I felt like if there was something missing about him. I didn’t see why he felt attracted to Audrey and even less why he felt in love with her.

Audrey and Reese’s chemistry was off the charts and the sex scenes were hot, but (in my opinion) too many. I would have liked to see more character/relationship development and less sex. At the end I didn’t learn much about Reese; his likes, dislikes, past and family ties were left a mystery that should have been addressed better to learn whom Reese really is.

I liked Cade in previous books but sadly this book changed my opinion of him. He was weak, boring and all around blind to what was going around him. He is in love with Daphne and I couldn’t see what was it that he was seeing in her to make him like her. Daphne is not good person, it’s true that she’s dealing with drug problems, but even before she became an addict she was a bitch, proof of that is her behavior with Audrey when they were in their teens. I’m really hope Mrs. Clare has another heroine is store for him, because in my opinion Daphne doesn’t have any redeemable qualities, she’s just a nasty piece of work. I also think it would be too redundant if the three Petty’s sisters find their love in the three billionaire friends.

All in all The Wrong Billionaire’s Bed wasn’t a bad read, it just wasn’t as good as previous books. Still, I’m eagerly waiting for next books in the series and as I said before hoping that Daphne is not Cade’s HEA.

My Verdict: 3 Paws

Other books in the series
Beauty and the Billionaire
The Wrong Billionaire’s Bed

Other reviews Goodreads


2 comments:

  1. <i do like Myles so I am curious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt exactly the same about this book :( Disappointed although I loved the previous two books. Great review, Marcela!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...