Contact Me

Friday, December 27, 2013

Favorite Books of 2013


I thought it will be easy to select my favorite books of 2013, but it wasn’t. My idea was to select 10 books from the 220+ books I have read so far in 2013, but after a lot of screening I was able to reduce my list to 15 titles and some honorary mentions. I know I’m kind of cheating with the honorary mentions, but there are too many books I loved this year that I didn’t want to leave any of them out. 

Most of the books I read in 2013 were published this year, some were published in previous years and a few are from 2014, but all of them I read in 2013. 

The books are organized in chronological order starting with the books I read in January and continuing on throughout the months.

Kara Gillian # 5
Urban Fantasy


Written in Red
The Others # 1
Urban Fantasy


Arcadia Bell # 3
Urban Fantasy


Charley Davidson # 5
Urban Fantasy


Heart of Obsidian
Psy-Changeling # 12
Paranormal Romance


YA


The Riyria Chronicles  # 1
Fantasy


Secret McQueen # 6
Urban Fantasy


Magic Rises
Kate Daniels # 6
Urban Fantasy


Vampire Redemption
The Human Revolt # 3
YA - Vampires


Perdition
Dred Chronicles # 1
Science Fiction


Crown of Midnight
Throne of Glass # 2
YA - Fantasy


Wicked as They Come
Blud # 1
Steampunk


The Last Hour of Gann
Science Fiction


Broken Blade
Colbana Files # 3
Urban Fantasy



Honorable mentions

Crave the Darkness by Amanda Bonilla
The Better to See you by Kate SeRine
Night Blade by J.C. Daniels
Cold Blooded by Amanda Carlson 
Horde by Ann Aguirre
Cursed by Destiny by Cecy Robson

Which was your favorite book of 2013?

5 comments:

  1. I have a few of those books on my list. Perdition, Written in Red, Horde, Bonding the Shadows.

    The Sea of Tranquility was on my list last year.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very hard. You seem to be firmly in the UF / SF world. I took a tour of contemporary romance this year. I love Jill Shalvis; several of her books ended up on my "list." Rumor Has It is an all-time favorite. I also loved several books by Ruthie Know - Ride With Me, Flirting with Disaster, About Last Night, Along Came Trouble, Making It Last, and Truly. Then there is Mary Ann Rivers - The Story Guy, Snow Fall. In the UF /SF world - I also enjoyed Ilona Andrews and Darynda Jones, but I would add Devon Monk and Patricia Briggs to my list. I read a paltry 174 books so far this year. It's never enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make my list soon :D And I looooved the new Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. This may surprise you but we have a few favorites in common ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'll have to try The Sea of Tranquility and the first Colbana Files book. I have almost all the same lol, I need to post them.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...