Contact Me

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Covers of the World: Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

One of my favorite audiobooks from 2013 was Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor. The audiobook is narrated by (the amazing) Khristine Hvam. This audiobook was so good I listened to the next audiobook, Days of Blood and Starlight, immediately. The third and last book in this trilogy, Dreams of Gods & Monsters, will be release on April 8th and it's my most awaited audiobook of the year. Yes people, this series is that good.
Daughter of Smoke & Bone is a YA fantasy book that will satisfy teens and adults alike. 
Daughter of Smoke & Bone has over 75 editions, some of those covers are very similar and others are completely different. Here are some of them:

  
1. US first and second editions.

 
2. UK first and second editions.

  
3. Spanish, Turkish and Russian editions.

  
4. Polish, Norwegian and Lithuanian editions. 

  
5. Slovak, Indonesian and Chinese editions.

  
6. Korean, Czech and Dutch editions.

 
7. Italian and German editions.

 
8. Greek and French editions. 

As you can see there is a great variety of covers. From them my favorites are the German edition and UK second edition. I think the German cover is super pretty. I liked the UK second edition because it represents really well what happens in the book, but I know that for those who haven't read the book it wouldn't have the same impact that it has on me.  The Dutch cover is also not bad.
The most predominant covers with the blue mask are kind of okay, but they are not great. My favorite from them is the US second edition.
My least favorite are the last two covers, the Greek and French edition, they are just bad. I don't know what the Greek cover is trying to portrait and the French cover looks cheap and unfinished.

Have you read this book? What do you think of these covers? 

4 comments:

  1. I didn't fall in love with the first book but I did love the world building. I do have the 2nd book on audiobook and will get back into it because I am curious about where it goes. I do love the covers. The German one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Indonesian and German covers look soo good. The cover art for book 3 is simply spectacular! I wonder how they're going to spin that for the other versions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of like the Korean and Czech one-. The French suuuuuucks

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAH I didn't know this book in French was Daughter of Smoke & Bone. I realy dislike the cover we have

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...