Contact Me

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Covers Revealed: Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre, Red Blooded by Amanda Carlson & Golden Son by Pierce Brown

I usually post Covers Revealed on Wednesdays, but for personal motives I couldn’t post it yesterday. I could have waited for next week, but I have three very nice covers I want to share with you.

The first cover is the cover of Mortal Danger. Mortal Danger is the first book in the new YA series Immortal Game by Ann Aguirre. Ann Aguirre is one of my all time favorite authors, I have read every single book written by her and I have loved them all. I’m sure I’m going to love Mortal Danger and future installments in the Immortal Game series too.

The second cover I have for you is the cover for Red Blooded. Red Blooded is the fourth book in the Jessica McClain series by Amanda Carlson. The Jessica McClain series is one of the best urban fantasy series in the market right now and one I can’t recommend you enough. If you like kickass heroines, dreamy heroes, full-fleshed secondary characters and a plot that will keep you on the edge of your seat, the Jessica McClain series is one you need to read.

The last cover I have for you is the cover of one of my most awaited books of 2015, the cover of Golden Son. Golden Son is the second book in the Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown. I read first book in the series, Red Rising, couple of weeks ago and until now it’s my favorite book of the year. I know is pretty early still on the year, but I’m sure Red Rising will continue to be one of my top reads when the year is over. If you want to know why I loved Red Rising so much you can read my review here.

Mortal Danger
Immortal Games #1
YA
August 5th, 2014

"Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Edie Kramer has a score to settle with the beautiful people at Blackbriar Academy. Their cruelty drove her to the brink of despair, and four months ago, she couldn't imagine being strong enough to face her senior year. But thanks to a Faustian compact with the enigmatic Kian, she has the power to make the bullies pay. She's not supposed to think about Kian once the deal is done, but devastating pain burns behind his unearthly beauty, and he's impossible to forget.

In one short summer, her entire life changes, and she sweeps through Blackbriar, prepped to take the beautiful people down from the inside. A whisper here, a look there, and suddenly... bad things are happening. It's a heady rush, seeing her tormentors get what they deserve, but things that seem too good to be true usually are, and soon, the pranks and payback turns from delicious to deadly. Edie is alone in a world teeming with secrets and fiends lurking in the shadows. In this murky morass of devil's bargains, she isn't sure who—or what--she can trust. Not even her own mind..."

Red Blooded
Jessica McClain #4
Urban Fantasy
September 2nd 2014


"Jessica is on her way to Hell. After settling a fragile truce between the vampires, werewolves and witches, the last thing Jessica wants to do is face the demons head on. But when the Prince of Hell kidnapped her brother, he set into motion a chain of events that even Jessica doesn't have the power to stop.

Now, Jessica must go into battle again. But Hell is a whole new beast... new rules, more dangerous demons, and an entirely foreign realm. And when Jessica is dropped into the Underworld too soon, without protection or the help of her friends, she must figure out just how powerful she can be... or she will never make it out alive."


Golden Son
Red Rising #2
Dystopian, Sci-fi, Fantasy
January 15th, 2015


"With shades of The Hunger Games, Ender’s Game, and Game of Thrones, debut author Pierce Brown’s genre-defying epic Red Rising hit the ground running and wasted no time becoming a sensation. Golden Son continues the stunning saga of Darrow, a rebel forged by tragedy, battling to lead his oppressed people to freedom from the overlords of a brutal elitist future built on lies. Now fully embedded among the Gold ruling class, Darrow continues his work to bring down Society from within. A life-or-death tale of vengeance with an unforgettable hero at its heart, Golden Son guarantees Pierce Brown’s continuing status as one of fiction’s most exciting new voices."

5 comments:

  1. Do they have to compare everything to everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way, but don't pay attention to it. Red Rising is unique.

      Delete
  2. Ok...so I must check out Ann Aguirre...like NOW! LOL. Especially when you said that you have read everything she's come out with. Does that mean her Adult and YA series?? She has a lot of books out (I had to check out her website). Do you have any advice on a series/book to start out with by her?

    Not sure if I've heard of the Jessica McClain series either, I'll have to keep my eye out for that series as well.

    After reading your review for Red Rising I have officially added it to my list to read in 2014...I'm looking forward to giving it a chance and checking out a new author. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! To reading Red Rising. I'm sure you are going to love it.
      I love all of Ann Aguirre's books, YA and adult, but the series that holds a special place in my heart is the Sirantha Jax series, the first book is Grimspace.

      Delete
  3. Love the eyes on Red Blooded. They are cool and creepy all at once lol

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...