Contact Me

Monday, September 15, 2014

Mini Reviews: Lead by Kylie Scott, Earth Flight by Janet Edwards & Archetype by M.D. Waters


Title: Lead
Author: Kylie Scott
Series: Stage Dive, book 3
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Format: E-book
The lead singer of Stage Dive, Jimmy is used to getting whatever he wants, whenever he wants it whether it's booze or women. However, when a PR disaster serves as a wake-up call about his life and lands him in rehab, he finds himself stuck with a new assistant hired by the record company to keep him out of trouble. He doesn't need or want a babysitter. Especially one that looks like Lena.

Lena's not willing to take any shit from the sexy rocker she's been hired to assist and is determined to keep their relationship completely professional, despite the sizzling chemistry that sparks between them every time they're in the same room. But when Jimmy pushes her too far and Lena leaves, he realizes that he may just have lost the best thing to ever happen to him. Readers won't want to miss the third book in this New Adult series about ordinary young women who fall in love with rock
I really enjoyed this one. It was fun, sexy and all around a good read. I liked Lena a lot, she was great, she had all the characteristics I like in a heroine.
I can't wait to read next books in this series.

My Verdict: 4 Paws
Other reviews Goodreads



Title: Earth Flight
Author: Janet Edwards
Series: Earth Girl, book 3
Genre: YA Sci-Fi
Format: Paperback
It's time to risk it all!

The thrilling conclusion to Janet Edward’s sensational debut YA sci-fi trilogy.

Jarra never wanted to be a celebrity. All she ever wanted was to gain some respect for the people left on Earth: the unlucky few whose immune system prevents them from portalling to other planets.

Except now she’s the most famous Earth girl in the universe – but not everyone in the universe is happy about it, nor the fact that she has found love with a norm. Jarra’s actions have repercussions that spread further than she ever could have imagined, and political unrest threatens to tear apart the delicate balance of peace between humanity’s worlds.

On top of everything, the first alien artefact ever discovered appears to be waiting for Jarra to reveal its secrets. But to do so, she must somehow find a way to leave Earth – or else the alien artefact will be lost forever. Is there a way for Jarra to travel to another planet? Or is her destiny only to look to the stars – but never to reach them?
Earth Flight was everything I was expecting it to be. All questions from previous books were answered in a very satisfactory way. It was simply the perfect ending to a great series.
If you like YA Sci-Fi this is a series you must read.

My Verdict: 4 ½ Paws
Other reviews Goodreads



Title: Archetype
Author: M.D. Waters
Narrated by: Khristine Hvam
Series: Archetype, book 1
Genre: Sci-Fi
Format: Audiobook
Emma wakes in a hospital, with no memory of what came before. Her husband, Declan, a powerful, seductive man, provides her with new memories, but her dreams contradict his stories, showing her a past life she can’t believe possible: memories of war, of a camp where girls are trained to be wives, of love for another man. Something inside her tells her not to speak of this, but she does not know why. She only knows she is at war with herself.

Suppressing those dreams during daylight hours, Emma lets Declan mold her into a happily married woman and begins to fall in love with him. But the day Noah stands before her, the line between her reality and dreams shatters.

In a future where women are a rare commodity, Emma fights for freedom but is held captive by the love of two men—one her husband, the other her worst enemy. If only she could remember which is which...
I really enjoyed listening to this audiobook. The story is gripping, intriguing and engaging, so much it was very difficult to stop listening it, I listened until 5 am… Yes, the story is that good... I’m not kidding, I even dreamed about it... and to add to that, this audiobook is narrated by the amazing Khristine Hvam. You know what that means:

Gripping, intriguing and engaging story + Khristine Hvam = Winner

My Verdict: 4 ½ Paws
Other reviews Gooodreads

11 comments:

  1. Scott just has the best covers! I need to give hers a read at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, her covers are as good as her books. :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed, Lead too, in fact I have enjoyed the whole series so far on audio. I looking forward to next book. I'm also looking forward to Archetype :) I already got it, I just need to get to it.
    Thanks Marcela :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't listen to Stage Dive on audio, but I'll read every single book.
      I finished Prototype and it was really good. I'm sure you are going to love it.

      Delete
  3. I need to continue with Prototype because I really enjoyed Archetype too. The audio is the way to go, I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good, I enjoyed it a lot. Khristine Hvam was amazing as always.

      Delete
  4. YOu had a great reading streak! I hope I don't jinx it by pointing it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I hope so too, because I was having so much trouble couple of weeks ago.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you loved Stage dive, can't wait for the next book too ! And its cover, of course ^^

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...