Contact Me

Friday, September 19, 2014

Review: Every Time I Think of You by Tracey Garvis-Graves


Title: Every Time I Think of You
Author: Tracey Garvis-Graves
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Tracey Garvis-Graves
Format: E-book
Thirty-year-old Daisy DiStefano has two people she holds dear: the grandmother who raised her, and her three-year-old son, Elliott. But when Daisy’s grandmother is killed in a seemingly random act of violence, Daisy must take steps to protect herself and her child.

Despite a thriving career in San Francisco, thirty-six-year-old Brooks McClain has returned home to spend what little time his mother has left before she succumbs to the deadly disease that is ravaging her. The seasoned investigative reporter has taken a position with the local newspaper and been on the job less than twenty-four hours when he’s summoned to cover the death of Pauline Thorpe.

Brooks is all business, but the more time he spends with Daisy DiStefano, the more invested he becomes; there’s something about a single mother, a defenseless child, and an unsolved crime that has stirred Brooks’s protective instincts like nothing ever has before.

And when the unthinkable happens, Brooks will do whatever it takes to clear the name of the woman he’s fallen for and the child he’ll protect at any cost.

Romantic and suspenseful, Every Time I Think of You shows how far two people will go to fight for the ones they love, and the life they’ve always imagined.
For some reason I didn’t know Every Time I Think of You was going to be released this week. Yes, I know… some days I live in La La Land… but as soon as I learned this book was out I got my copy and started to read it immediately. Why? Because Tracey Garvis-Graves wrote one of my favorite books of 2012, On The Island and since then, I have read everything she has written.

Tracey Garvis-Graves’ books are not your normal romance and that’s why I like about them. Sadly, yes, here come the sadly part, this book didn’t work for me. I don’t know if I had too high expectations or what, but Every Time I Think of You (I’m sorry to say this) was boring.

First, this book starts with an opening scene narrated by a 3 year-old boy that behaves like if he was a lot older. How I know that? My best friend has a 4 year-old boy and I have seen him grow, seen how he behaves and how he talks and Elliot reasoning didn’t correspond to his age, at all. Another thing about Elliot, throughout the book his speech changes back and forth from a toddler difficult to understand what he is saying to a flawless speech. No, no, no!

Every Time I Think of You starts slow and continues slow and… the last third part of the book is better. But, here comes another but, the main characters, Daisy and Brooks are boring, there is no chemistry between them, they felt one dimensional and to add to that we are privy to so many irrelevant things about their lives that I couldn’t care less. I didn’t feel the romance when they got together, no sexual tension, nada. It was pretty dull. L

There is supposed to be “suspense” about who killed Daisy’s grandmother, but really there isn’t because since the very beginning it was pretty obvious who was the culprit.

I think I better leave my review here. I really don’t want to bash this book. I just feel so disappointed.
You may ask why I gave it 3 stars if I didn’t like it that much. The reason is the writing. Tracey Garvis-Graves knows how to write and that’s one thing I can say about Every Time I Think of You, the writing was good.

Every Time I Think of You didn’t work for me, but maybe it might work for you.

My Verdict: 3 Paws

Other reviews Goodreads

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that Tracey Garvis-Graves' latest didn't live up to the awesomeness that was On The Island. I lose interest quickly when the whodunit is obvious from the get-go, but add in slow pacing, and the story turns into a DNF in the making. I appreciate your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there was not mystery, it was pretty obvious who was it since the first pages. I don't know if that was her intention.

      Delete
  2. I am not sure it would be awesome for me, and this..meh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Side Note: OMG I so want to read your current book!!!! Darn it! Darn it! Darn it!

    Anyway, sorry this was a disappointment to you. Have you read Covet? Maybe you'll like that instead if you haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Covet, I liked it, but not as much as On the Island.

      Side Note: I read on a binge all Michelle Moran books, one after the other... They are Great!!

      Delete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...