Contact Me

Monday, September 1, 2014

Review: One Night More by Mandy Baxter


Title: One Night More
Author: Mandy Baxter
Series: U.S. Marshals, book 1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Zebra (September 2nd)
Source: Review copy from publisher
Format: E-book
Savvy, hard-riding, rule-breaking—they’ll go anywhere and do anything it takes to protect and serve. But this U. S. Marshal has just met his match—and playing for keeps is one sizzling game…

Getting saved from disaster by a handsome stranger—Harper Allen has no problem with that. But when he leaves without a word or a clue to his real identity, the newbie reporter writes it off as the best one-night-stand she’ll never have again. Until a year later, when Harper comes face to face with the man assigned to hide her from a senator’s killer…

Galen Kelly hasn’t forgotten a single sensual minute of his night with Harper... or that she betrayed him. But with the FBI also on their trail, he’s got to pretend he’s never met her or risk both their lives. But as danger closes in, Galen may not be able to protect himself from taking the biggest risk of all…
One Night More is the first book in the U.S. Marshals series by Mandy Baxter.

Before leaving for his new assignment in Paris, U.S. Marshal Galen Kelly decides to hit a bar with his best friend, Landon. What was supposed to be an easy night turned out to be an unforgettable night after saving a woman from being drugged.
Harper Allen can’t believe how close she came to be drugged, luckily for her, a handsome stranger was paying attention and saved her, and her celebratory night (she just graduated as a journalist) didn’t end in a disaster. After sharing couple of drinks with her savior she decides to do something atypical for her, to have a one-night stand with her rescuer. They don’t share names or any private information and when Harper wakes up the next day the stranger is gone. Harper can’t understand why the man left without even saying goodbye. One year has passed and she can’t stop thinking about him. It’s the same case with Galen. He doesn’t want to think about her, but he can’t forget the scorching night they shared together.
After Galen’s assignment in Paris is over he’s called to the States for a new assignment, the protection of the witness to a high profile murder case.
The last thing Galen was expecting was for the witness to be the woman from the bar, the woman he can’t stop thinking about. He knows if he says to his boss that he knows her he will be taken out of the case, so he pretends he doesn’t know her.
After pining for him for a year Harper can’t believe Galen didn’t recognize her, at least she has his name now. If being in danger wasn’t enough, now she will have him tailing her everywhere she goes. She will have to survive the killer and the time spent in Galen’s company.

Being a fan of Mandy Baxter (Amanda Bonilla) I knew I was going to like One Night More, what I didn’t know it was how much I was going to love it.

Even though he did some things that made me rolled my eyes and he jumped to conclusions when he shouldn’t have I can say I liked Galen. He is not perfect, but he’s a dreamy hero. He is a protector in all sense of the word, not only because of his profession but also because it’s innate in him.

Harper, oh Harper. I liked her, but more than once I wanted to strangled her. She is smart, but sometimes her stubbornness got the better of her and made her do stupid things. One thing I really liked about her was that she was honest with herself and accepted when she screwed up.

Galen and Harper’s chemistry is off the charts; their first encounter was super hot and after their reencounter the consequential play around their attraction was fun and sexy as hell. Their banter was great and highly enjoyable.

One Night More has everything I look for in a contemporary romance, a sexy hero, a smart heroine, sizzling romance, suspense, humor, mystery, pop culture references, delicious grilled cheese sandwiches and much more.

One Night More is an amazing start to a very promising series. I recommend it to contemporary romance and romantic suspense fans.

Next book in the series, One Kiss More, will be Galen’s friend, Landon’s story. It’ll be released on March 3rd, 2015 and I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

My Verdict: 4 ½ Paws

Other books in the series
One Night More
One Kiss More (March 3rd, 2015)


Other reviews Goodreads

8 comments:

  1. I really liked this one as well! Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm looking forward to Landon's story. :)

      Delete
  2. I liked this one as well, it was a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was. It also made me hungry, while reading it I was dying for a grilled cheese sandwich. :)

      Delete
  3. This one sounds fun :D I am sure I'd enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I turned down an ARC of this book because I don't review contemporary on the blog, but I have no doubt that One Night More was amazing on account of it being by Amanda Bonilla and all. Maybe I'll read this one 'just for me'. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for one of those days you want something sexy, light and fun.

      Delete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...