Contact Me

Friday, October 3, 2014

5 Reasons Why You Should Read Innocent Prey by Maggie Shayne


Title: Innocent Prey
Author: Maggie Shayne
Series: Brown & De Luca, book 3
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: MIRA Books
Source: Review copy from publisher
Format: E-book
To save innocent lives, they'll have to risk their own.

Self-help superstar Rachel de Luca and Detective Mason Brown have finally given in to their overwhelming attraction to each other, but neither of them is ready to let physical passion turn into full-blown romance, so they carefully maintain an emotional distance. Then a judge's daughter disappears, and Mason has a terrible sense that it's connected to the most recent case they solved together: the abduction of Rachel's assistant.

The discovery of a string of missing women—all young, all troubled—seems like a promising lead. But there's no clear connection between the missing girls and the high-profile young woman Mason is trying to find. He realizes that once again he'll have to rely on his own well-honed instincts and Rachel's uncanny capacity to see through people's lies in order to catch a predator and rescue his captives. But can they do it before Rachel becomes his next victim?
Innocent Prey is the third book in the Brown & De Luca series by Maggie Shayne.

I’m going to do something different today. I’m going to give you five reasons why you should read Innocent Prey.

1. Rachel de Luca. Rachel is one of my all time favorite heroines. She went blind when she was 12-years-old, twenty years later she recovered her sight after having a cornea transplant. Apart from seeing her sight brought many changes to her life. What changes? You need to read this series.
I love seeing the world through her eyes because it makes you realize all the things you take for granted. But that’s not the only reason I love her. I love her because she’s smart, sassy, witty and all around very real. She is one of those persons you would love to have as a friend.

2. Detective Mason Brown. Mason is the perfect hero, he’s not only handsome as hell, he is also intelligent, caring and very loyal. He is willing to go the extra mile and more to protect those he loves, he did it in previous book and he does it again in this one. He’s what I called a swoon worthy hero.

3. Mason and Rachel’s Relationship. Mason and Rachel have come a long way, they are together, but no officially. They are both afraid of scaring the other by showing too much interest, but what they can’t see is that they are both feeling the same way. It was highly entertaining to see them play around their feelings, pretending not to want what they both wanted… and the end! OMG! The end!!

4. The Mystery. The mystery is well plotted, with enough twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat. I’m usually really good uncovering the whodunit, but I’m happy to say Mrs. Shayne really surprised me with this one. Well-done Mrs. Shayne, well done!

5. The Writing. Maggie Shayne knows how to write, she knows how to snare the reader with her words and she does it once again with Innocent Prey. She found the perfect balance between mystery, romance and humor, making of Innocent Prey and impossible to put down book. I don’t remember when was the last time I highlighted so many quotes in a book. I’m pretty sure if I hadn’t read an eBook but a physical book I could have easily used it as a lantern.

6. Myrtle. Myrtle is Rachel’s blind dog. I love pets in my stories and Myrtle is exceptional. She just brings so much joy to story and makes it richer. I love how Rachel is with her and I love how Myrtle shows us that even blind you can enjoy simple things in life.

This was supposed to be a five reasons post, but Innocent Prey is so good I needed more than five… Actually I could have gone on and on gushing about this book, but that was not the idea.
Let me just close by telling you that I don’t remember when was the last time I enjoyed a book as much as I enjoyed reading Innocent Prey.

Do I recommend you to read this book? Hell yes! Go read it now! But… even though this book can be read as a stand alone I recommend you to read this series in order to get the full effect of what Brown & De Luca series is all about… you can thank me later.

My Verdict: 5 Paws

Other books in the series
Dream of Danger (Novella)
Innocent Prey
Deadly Obsession (November 25th)

Other reviews Goodreads

8 comments:

  1. Thanks you! I had not heard about this series before, I definitely have to take a closer look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suck at figuring our the perps on mysteries but I do love the ride & the suspense! I tried her paranormal books, didn't like it much. This I can probably dig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read her paranormals, they were ok, but these ones are Awesome!

      Delete
  3. Oh I really need to get on these. I had a great time with book one but haven't gotten to 2 yet. Must do so soon!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...