Contact Me

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Short Review: The Second Chance Hero by Jeannie Moon


Title: The Second Chance Hero
Author: Jeannie Moon
Series: Forever Love, book 4
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: InterMix
Source: Review copy from publisher
Format: E-book
The eternal bachelor finally finds his match—if he can get her attention…

After her fiancĂ© dies in her arms in Afghanistan, combat nurse Kim Torres decides to get as far away from men and the war as she can. Now a nanny to a little girl, she’s trying to date again, but her heart just isn’t in it. Not even for a man as sexy as Owen Kent…

When Major Owen Kent returns from his deployment with the Marines in Afghanistan, he discovers how much things have really changed. The billionaire CIO’s friends are settling down and having families—things a serial dater like Owen doesn’t expect to do. But he’s also not expecting his friend Harper’s new nanny to be the woman who stole his heart half a world away. Kim may want nothing to do with Owen, but he’s not about to surrender without a fight.
The Second Chance Hero is the fourth book in the Forever Love series by Jeannie Moon.

This book started really good, the prologue sure caught my attention and kept me glued to the pages, but after awhile things started to go downhill thanks to the heroine, Kim Torres. My problem with Kim was her wishy-washy personality and her victim attitude. After the tragedy she lived it was understandable that she would have some traumas. My problem was that even though she behave like a fragile victim and saw herself as a victim, she got irrationally upset when Owen behave with care towards her and kept some things from her to protect her. He had to beg for her forgiveness not once, but twice and all because she couldn’t decide what she wanted in life.
I don’t like wishy-washy heroines and Kim was the epitome of one.

I liked Owen, although his character was a bit farfetched… A billionaire serving three tours in Afghanistan, yes…sure! I liked how caring and special he was with his family, friends and with Kim. At times I thought he was too good for her.

Having problems with Kim didn’t help with my overall enjoyment of the story. If it weren’t for my dislike for her I think I would have loved this book. It wasn’t that I hated it, because that wasn’t the case; it was just simply frustrating (for me) to read.

One thing I have to leave clear is that I’m in the minority regarding this book, most reviewers have loved The Second Chance Hero, so don’t take my words at face value and give this book a chance.

My Verdict: 3 ½ Paws

Other books in the series
The Temporary Wife
Unexpectedly Yours
The Wedding Secret
The Second Chance Hero

Other reviews Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. I am scared I would dislike her too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh wishy-washy, no wonder this didn't make it into the 4 paws mark

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...