Contact Me

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Short Review: Walking on Her Grave by Melinda Leigh


Title: Walking on Her Grave
Author: Melinda Leigh
Series: Rogue River, book 4
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Montlake Romance
Source: Review copy from publisher
Format: E-book
The electrifying conclusion of the romantic suspense novella series from Melinda Leigh and Kendra Elliot.

The sleepy town of Solitude, Oregon, has turned into ground zero for a turf war between the manufacturers and distributors of a lethal new drug. When a teenage witness disappears, social worker Carly Taylor must find him before he’s silenced permanently.

Rogue County investigator Seth Harding wants to keep Carly, his estranged wife, out of harm’s way, but she refuses to let his concern keep her from doing her job. When one of her young charges vanishes, Carly gets pulled even deeper into the deadly case, and Seth knows he must help her…even if it leads them right into the criminals’ crosshairs.

Explosive and exciting to the last page, Walking on Her Grave is the fourth and final thrilling addition to the new romantic suspense series from Melinda Leigh and Kendra Elliot.
Walking on Her Grave is the fourth book in the Rogue River series by Melinda Leigh.

In Walking on Her Grave we are back with Carly and Seth. The events in Gone to Her Grave (second book) got them closer and they are slowly working in their relationship and trying to mend their differences. They are doing that while working in their respective cases. Seth is investigating the drug problem in Solitude, Oregon and Carly is working her social worker cases. When one of Carly’s teens goes missing Carly and Seth join forces in the search for him. As the only known witness to the drug operation they know the teen’s life is in danger.

I liked Carly better in this book. She stopped being so stubborn and realized she wanted/needed Seth in her life.
Seth has come a long way. He’s working on his over protective issues and trying to be a better man/husband for Carly. He wants Carly in his life and is willing to do anything to have her back. I have faith in them.

I liked that we also see Zach and Stevie and how they are doing in their relationship.

Walking on Her Grave wraps perfectly all the loose ends and concludes the series on a high note. Although I guess the whodunit from the very first book, I can say it has a good enough amount of suspense.

Walking on Her Grave is a nice addition and conclusion to a highly enjoyable series. I don’t recommend reading Walking on Her Grave as a stand-alone. I recommend you to read it as part of the series. These books are short, so they could even be read back to back in just couple of hours.

My Verdict: 4 Paws

Other books in the series
Walking on Her Grave

Other reviews Goodreads

6 comments:

  1. This another new-to-me series..Oh boy! 4 books ah? Sounds like you're enjoying it, I ahve to keep my eyes open for these audios.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually four novellas. This one was the last one. I'm not sure they will be audiobooks... but who knows. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm actually on the lookout for some novellas for reading over the holiday! I'll have to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very interested in sampling books from this publisher, I saw they have a few romantic suspense novels. I'll add this to the list of series I'll be looking up.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...