Contact Me

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Review: My Sister’s Grave by Robert Dugoni


Title: My Sister’s Grave
Author: Robert Dugoni
Genre: Murder Mystery, Thriller
Publisher: Thomas & Mercer
Source: Review copy from publisher
Format: E-book
Tracy Crosswhite has spent twenty years questioning the facts surrounding her sister Sarah’s disappearance and the murder trial that followed. She doesn’t believe that Edmund House—a convicted rapist and the man condemned for Sarah’s murder—is the guilty party. Motivated by the opportunity to obtain real justice, Tracy became a homicide detective with the Seattle PD and dedicated her life to tracking down killers.

When Sarah’s remains are finally discovered near their hometown in the northern Cascade mountains of Washington State, Tracy is determined to get the answers she’s been seeking. As she searches for the real killer, she unearths dark, long-kept secrets that will forever change her relationship to her past—and open the door to deadly danger.
Tracy Crosswhite feels responsible for her sister’s disappearance. Twenty years has passed and she hasn’t been able to leave the past behind. All this time, Edmund House has been behind the bars accused of killing Sarah, but something in Tracy tells her the evidence used to put him in there doesn’t add up.
Since Sarah’s disappearance Tracy has dedicated her life to uncover the truth. She even left her schoolteacher job and became a police detective.
When they finally find Sarah’s remains all of Tracy’ doubts come to the light. The new evidence points to Edmund House as innocent.
Only wanting to find the truth, Tracy unveils secrets that would have been better left alone.

Tracy Crosswhite is a very likeable character. She just wants justice for her sister. I’m pretty sure in her position I would have done the same, which make her an heroine very easy to relate to.
Tracy knows her investigation will bring hard truths to the light, but she needs those truths to be able to make peace with what happened to Sarah and to move on. I admired her dedication and her strength, not everybody would have been able to do what she did.

The secondary characters all add something special to the story, from the Sheriff Roy Calloway, the lawyer Dan O'Leary, to the convict Edmund House.

My Sister’s Grave by Robert Dugoni was a nice surprise. Since the first page I was completely engrossed in the story. One of the things I liked the most about My Sister’s Grave was that I didn’t know what was going to happen next. Robert Dugoni threw some serious curveballs in the story and kept me guessing page after page. I really like when an author can keep me on my toes and Dugoni did it flawlessly.

I recommend My Sister’s Grave to murder mystery/thriller fans. My Sister’s Grave was my first book by Robert Dugoni but I can guarantee you it won’t be my last.

My Verdict: 4 Paws

Other reviews Goodreads

5 comments:

  1. I like to hear this Marcela :) I have this on my to do list..soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was into murder mystery then maybe

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems romantic suspense is all I can read lately, everything else is so bland. I will add this to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a really good mystery. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the nice review. Glad you enjoyed My Sister's Grave

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...