Contact Me

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Short Review: What A Lady Needs For Christmas by Grace Burrowes


Title: What A Lady Needs For Christmas
Author: Grace Burrowes
Series: MacGregors, book 4
Genre: Historical Romance
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: Review copy from publisher
Format: E-book
The Best Gifts are the Unexpected Ones...

To escape a scandal, Lady Joan Flynn flees to her family's estate in the Scottish Highlands. She needs a husband by Christmas, or the holidays will ring in nothing but ruin.

Practical, ambitious mill owner Dante Hartwell offers to marry Joan, because a wellborn wife is his best chance of gaining access to aristocratic investors.

As Christmas—and trouble—draw nearer, Dante and Joan's marriage of convenience blossoms into unexpected intimacy, for true love often hides beneath the most unassuming holiday wrapping...
What A Lady Needs For Christmas is the fourth book in the MacGregors series by Grace Burrowes.

There were things I liked and other things I can’t say I disliked, but wish would have been stronger in What A Lady Needs For Christmas.

I liked Dante, I liked him as a man, as a husband, as a father, and as a brother.

On the beginning I liked Joan, but my “like” for her diminish when she started to lie to her husband. Of course, she came around at the end, but by them she had already lost points in my eyes.

Another problem I had with What A Lady Needs For Christmas was the chemistry or actually the lack of chemistry between Joan and Dante. Their relationship felt more like a good friendship than a romantic one.

One thing I really enjoyed was the banter between the secondary characters. There was a clear indication of past stories between them that made me want to know more about them. I think I’ll go back and read previous books, just to know their stories.

What A Lady Needs For Christmas is a nice read especially during these days. What A Lady Needs For Christmas was my first book by Grace Burrows but I’m sure it won’t be my last.

My Verdict: 3 Paws

Other books in the series
The Bridegroom Wore Plaid
Mary Fran and Matthew (Novella)
Once Upon a Tartan
The MacGregors Lady
What A Lady Needs For Christmas

Other reviews Goodreads

1 comment:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...