Contact Me

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Favorite Books Read in 2014

2014 was a really good year for me, not only in my personal life but also in my reading/listening experience. In 2014 I read/listen to 247 books, a new record for me.

Today I’m sharing with you my favorite books “read” in 2014. On January 25th I’ll be sharing my favorite audiobooks.

My idea was to select my Top Ten Read Books and couple of honorable mentions. It wasn’t easy and I kind of cheated, I say “kind” because my Top Ten List has 13 books… but, from those 13 books there are 6 books that belong to 3 series; in their case, I’m counting (cheating) the series instead of the books. You can identify them by the *, **, & ***.

Some of these books were released on 2014, some in previous years and there are two (Vision in Silver and Golden Son) that will be released in 2015.

The books are organized in an ascending chronological order, starting with the books I read in January and going from there.

Arcadia Bell #4
Urban Fantasy

Red Rising Trilogy #1
Dystopian, Sci-fi, Fantasy

Romancing the Duke
Castles Ever After #
Historical Romance

Fantasy Romance

Secret McQueen #7
Urban Fantasy

Warprize
Chronicles of the Warlands #1
Fantasy Romance

The Undead Pool
The Hollows #12
Urban Fantasy

Murder of Crows
The Others #2
Dark Urban Fantasy

Rebel Wing #1
YA/NA Sci-fi

Secret McQueen #8
Urban Fantasy

Contemporary Romance

Vision in Silver
The Others #3
Dark Urban Fantasy

Red Rising Trilogy #2
Pierce Brown*
Dystopian, Sci-fi, Fantasy

Honorable Mentions

The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms #4) by Cinda Williams Chima
Fortune's Pawn (Paradox #1) by Rachel Bach
The Oversight (Oversight Trilogy #1) by Charlie Fletcher
Against the Dawn (Shaede Assassin #4) by Amanda Bonilla
Earth Girl (Earth Girl #1) by Janet Edwards
Into the Shadows (The Associates #3) by Carolyn Crane
Light My Fire (Dragon Kin #7) by G.A. Aiken


10 comments:

  1. I've heard of the Arcadia Bell series, but have yet to try it. I love The Others by Anne Bishop. I just did a relisten of Written in Red in December and plan on doing Murder of Crows in late January to be ready for Visions of Silver. There are several others on this list I liked and others that I need to check out. Thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not crazy about the narrator of The Others, but I love that series so much I'm planning to listen to Vision in Silver when it comes out.
      Arcadia Bell is a great series and it's only 4 books. ;)

      Delete
  2. Really great list of books! I still have to read Banishing the Dark and Impossible Things and I can't wait to read Vision in Silver! I thought Red Rising and Golden Son were a YA series?
    Glad you had a good year with 2014 too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Banishing the Dark was a great end to a great series. I'm sure you are going to love it. Impossible Things is amazing! That one really surprised me.
      Red Rising and Golden Son are been promoted as YA, but I'll say they are more NA. Due to the content I wouldn't give it to a young teen.

      Delete
  3. Aye I had a plan of 10 in the beginning too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so difficult to select just these ones.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of those books except I just listened to The Other series as you may recall. I did like it a lot, but it didn't rank in my top reads/listens. However, I am very excited for Visions of Silver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The audiobooks of that series don't make justice to the "awesomess" that are the books.

      Delete
  5. Nice list lady! I haven't read some, and not sure I'll for the fantasy one but I need to try the others. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. I hope you like them when you get to read them.

      Delete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...