This First Quarter has been enlightening in many aspects. One of them is that I realized I’m enjoying listening to audiobooks more than reading books. Another one is that I learned I need to let go of audiobooks that don’t work for me and not try to keep listening for weeks, even though I’m not enjoying them. That was the case with The Palace Job by Patrick Weekes. I bought that audiobook after I read Jessica’s review (Rabid Reads). She loved the book and I wanted to love it too. I tried listening for three weeks! I was so decided to like it that I didn’t listen to anything else while I was crawling through it. I think deep down I knew that if I started another audio I would give up completely on the audiobook and I wanted to finish it and like it. Damn it! After a chat with Loupe (Hot Listens) she opened my eyes and gave me the little push I needed to make the decision of DNF-ing it. Now, I think back and I realize how stupid I was. Do you know how many great audiobooks I could have listened during those three weeks I lost trying to like something I was never going to like? *headdesk*
These are the audiobook I listened during this first quarter. They are organized in chronological order starting with the first audiobook I listened in 2015.
- The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike #1) by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling)
- The Teashop on the Corner by Milly Johnson
- Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles #3) by Kresley Cole - DNF
- The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike #2) by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling)
- The Dragons of Dorcastle (The Pillars of Reality #1) by Jack Campbell
- Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
- The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
- Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews
- Magic Burns (Kate Daniels #2) by Ilona Andrews
- Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels #3) by Ilona Andrews
- Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels #4) by Ilona Andrews
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- Magic Slays (Kate Daniels #5) by Ilona Andrews
- Poison Study (Study #1) by Maria V. Snyder
- The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
- Magic Study (Study #2) by Maria V. Snyder
- Fire Study (Study #3) by Maria V. Snyder
- Dirty Chick: Adventures of an Unlikely Farmer by Antonia Murphy
- Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee
- Magic Rises (Kate Daniels #6) by Ilona Andrews
- Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels #7) by Ilona Andrews
- The Rosie Effect (Don Tillman #2) by Graeme Simsion
- Bound by Flames (Night Prince #3) by Jeaniene Frost
- Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock #1) byFaith Hunter
- Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock #2)by Faith Hunter
- Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock #3)by Faith Hunter
- Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock #4)by Faith Hunter
- Death’s Rival (Jane Yellowrock #5)by Faith Hunter
- Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock #6)by Faith Hunter
- Broken Skies (Broken Skies #1) by Theresa Kay
- The Hidden Masters of Marandur (The Pillars of Reality #2) by Jack Campbell
- The Palace Job (Rogues of the Republic #1) by Patrick Weekes - DNF
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- The Martian by Andy Weir
The level I signed up for in this challenge was Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+ Audios.
34 audiobooks!! I think I did pretty well… Ok, I don’t think… I actually did pretty well this first quarter… even though I lost three weeks. Damn you The Palace Job! *cries*
As you can see, I did a binge on the Kate Daniels and the Jane Yellowrock series. The Kate Daniels is a series I loved in books, but now after listening to the audiobooks I think I prefer it on audio. The Jane Yellowrock was a new-to-me series. It’s pretty good, but after a while I needed a break. I will continue with it in couple of weeks… I think.
I loved/liked almost all of the audiobooks, but if I had to recommend you couple of them they will be The Cuckoo's Calling and The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling), The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, and The Martian by Andy Weir. The Hidden Masters of Marandur by Jack Campbell was also pretty good, but to listen to that one you need to listen to The Dragons of Dorcastle first and that one was just okay.
To celebrate my love for audiobooks I’m giving away One Audiobook from Audible. Winner’s choice of audiobook from the above list.
Winner must be able to receive audiobooks from Audible.com To enter you just need to fill the Rafflecopter form below.
The Book Nympho is also hosting a giveaway for all the participants on the challenge. To visit her blog click Here.
Good luck to you all!!