Contact Me

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Five Reasons Why You Should Listen to The Martian by Andy Weir, Narrated by R.C. Bray


Title: The Martian
Author: Andy Weir
Narrated by: R.C. Bray
Genre: Sci-Fi, Thriller, Fiction
Publisher: Podium Publishing
Format: Audiobook
Length: 10 hrs and 53 mins 
Apollo 13 meets Cast Away in this grippingly detailed, brilliantly ingenious man-vs-nature survival thriller, set on the surface of Mars.

Six days ago, astronaut Mark Watney became one of the first men to walk on the surface of Mars. Now, he's sure he'll be the first man to die there.

It started with the dust storm that holed his suit and nearly killed him, and that forced his crew to leave him behind, sure he was already dead. Now he's stranded millions of miles from the nearest human being, with no way to even signal Earth that he's alive--and even if he could get word out, his food would be gone years before a rescue mission could arrive. Chances are, though, he won't have time to starve to death. The damaged machinery, unforgiving environment, or plain-old "human error" are much more likely to get him first.

But Mark isn't ready to give up yet. Drawing on his ingenuity, his engineering skills--and a relentless, dogged refusal to quit--he steadfastly confronts one seemingly insurmountable obstacle after the next. But will his resourcefulness be enough to overcome the impossible odds against him?
I have listened to many audiobooks, but none has left me in awe as The Martian by Andy Weir, narrated R.C. Bray did. I loved this audiobook so much that as soon as I finished it I called my sister and told her she and my nephew “needed” to listen to this audio. As soon as I hung up on her I went to twitter and told the twitter-verse that they “have to” listen to The Martian by Andy Weir, narrated by R.C. Bray. I also sent messages to other bloggers who I thought would love it. From them, just one “obeyed” me and listened to The Martian right away and she loved it too! Then, together we convince another one and then another and… You get the idea. The best part is that all of them have loved The Martian, even those who said they didn’t like Sci-Fi loved The Martian.
Another thing I did after finishing The Martian was research more about R.C. Bray, because OMG! He’s the best narrator ever! He is insanely good, like so good I went and bought other audiobooks just because he narrated them. That good.

I want you to jump in The Martian bandwagon, so I’m giving you five reasons why you should listen to The Martian by Andy Weir, narrated by R.C. Bray:
  1. You have never listened to anything similar and I don’t think you ever will. The Martian by Andy Weir is simply brilliant! 
  2. Andy Weird gives us one of the best heroes ever!! A Space version of MacGyver, but better and funnier. Mark Watney for the win!
  3. Even if you think you don’t like Sci-Fi and complex math calculations you are going to love The Martian. You are even going to enjoy the math calculations. Trust me.
  4. R.C. Bray does an outstanding job with the narration. He is amazing! Every voice is different and unique. He is able to transmit every little nuance with his voice. Listening to The Martian was like watching a movie. Ok, whom am I kidding? It was better than watching a movie 
  5. After listening to The Martian you will love it so much you will want to gush talk about it too with your friends, and you will convince them to listen to it, and they’ll love it too, and you will not only feel great with yourself because you recommended them a book they love, but also you will have hours of great conversation while discussing the awesomeness that is The Martian. 

So, what are you waiting for? Go and get your audio and start listening to The Martian by Andy Weir, narrated by R.C. Bray now! 
You can thank me later.

My Story Verdict: 5 Paws & a Purr
 
My Narration Verdict: 5 Paws & a Purr
 
My overall Verdict: 5 Paws & a Purr
 
Other reviews Goodreads

19 comments:

  1. It was great Marcela!! I knew it will take a guy in Mars to win your heart! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes! Do you want to hear (read) something funny, my friends used to call DH The Martian when we were dating. I guess Martians are special to me. ;)

      Delete
  2. I have two hours left and I'm loving it. I think I'm going to find a place to hide at the office so that people will leave me alone so I can finish while I work. I've already recommended this book to several people at work. I should've jumped on the bandwagon sooner, that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't matter that it wasn't sooner, what is important is that you are in the bandwagon now and sharing the love for The Martian. And that you are loving it... that makes me very happy! :)

      Delete
    2. So I finished the book today. I loved it. They really cut it down to the wire. There are some very tense moments. Thanks so much for pushing me into this book. I never would've picked it up without someone pushing me.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for trusting me. ;)

      Delete
  3. I read about 2/3 of the first page of this book and KNEW that I had to have the audio....thank goodness for Kindle's Whispersync, Within minutes I had the audio and I agree it was amazing. As soon as I finished the book, I asked our library to buy the audio on CD so I could recommend it to the library's patrons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered getting the book, but after I listened to the sample I knew I have to listen to the audiobook and I'm very glad I did.
      I think this is the book I have recommended the most, at least in a very long time. I love that you are also recommending it to others.

      Delete
  4. After all of you raving about it on Twitter I'm going to listen to this sometime before the movie comes out in November. (Runs off to request my library order the audio)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your library gets it pretty soon because you are missing an awesome book.

      Delete
  5. Arghh I hate you everyone. EVERYONE except i have read this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the same. That audio is awesomesauce!!

      Delete
  6. Was *I* the one who 'obeyed'? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the one that "obeyed" was Loupe... You were the second one. ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh, good. That's MUCH better.

      Delete
  7. This one sounds so awesome:) We'll be reading it for my book club this year! My suggestion:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have the chance, I recommend you to listen to the audiobook instead of reading it. R.C. Bray really brings to life the story.

      Delete
  8. I am convinced. I will read (sorry, you know I can't to audio . . . too many squirrels, LOL) it. I love MacGyver and funnier, space version of him . . . ? Who can say no to that? #notme

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...