Contact Me

Monday, May 4, 2015

Early Review: The Way of the Warrior by Suzanne Brockmann, Julie Ann Walker, Catherine Mann, Tina Wainscott, Anne Elizabeth, M.L. Buchman, Kate SeRine, Lea Griffith



Title: The Way of the Warrior
Authors: Suzanne Brockmann, Julie Ann Walker, Catherine Mann, Tina Wainscott, Anne Elizabeth, M.L. Buchman, Kate SeRine, Lea Griffith
Genre: Anthology, Romantic Suspense, Military
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca (May 5th)
Source: Review copy from publisher
Format: E-book
EIGHT PASSIONATE LOVE STORIES ABOUT AMAZING MILITARY HEROES BY BESTSELLING AUTHORS:Suzanne Brockmann, Julie Ann Walker, Catherine Mann, Tina Wainscott, Anne Elizabeth, M.L. Buchman, Kate SeRine, Lea Griffith

To honor and empower those who've served, all author and publisher proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project.

The Wounded Warrior Project was founded in 2002 and provides a wide range of programs and services to veterans and service members who have survived physical or mental injury during their brave service to our nation. Get involved or register for programs and benefits for yourself and your family online at www.woundedwarriorproject.org
I don’t usually read anthologies, but I made an exception with this one because it was for a really good cause. Also, almost all the authors were new to me authors –the only one I knew was Kate SeRine- and thought this was a good opportunity to discover new authors.

The Way of the Warrior is a compilation of eight short stories about military heroes coping with their new lives after being medically discharged from service. Some of these novellas are part of ongoing series and others are prequels to new series. One thing I can say is that they all let me wanting to know more about them and made me search for other books in their series.

The good thing about these novellas is that they all were easily read without need of previous knowledge of the series. The only one I had a little problem with was Home Fire Inferno by Suzanne Brockmann. There were many characters and it was pretty obvious with this one that they had history between them. At times it was a bit difficult to follow who was who.

One thing I really liked is that not all the military heroes are male. In the case of NSDQ by M.L. Buchman the hero is a woman. I really loved that novella and I’m planning to read other books in the Night Stalkers series.

Despite my little problems with Home Fire Inferno by Suzanne Brockmann I can honestly say I liked all of the novellas; of course, I like some more than others, but in general The Way of the Warrior is a pretty solid anthology.

My favorites stories were:

Hot As Hell (Deep Six #0.5) by Julie Ann Walker, I really liked the chemistry between the characters in this one. I loved that this short novella felt like a full-length novel. I’ll be reading, Hell or High Water, first book in this series.

Torn (Protect and Serve #0.5) by Kate SeRine, the love between the characters was easily felt. I also like the introductions to the Dawson brothers and I can’t wait to read their stories. First book in the series, Stop at Nothing will be release on November 3rd.

War Games (Endgame Ops #0.5) by Lea Griffith, I love dark heroes and in this one Lea Griffith gives us the epitome of one. Rook is swoon worthy. Also, I’m dying to know more about The Piper. I’m looking forward to reading first book in the series, All the King's Men, to be released on January 5th, 2016.

NSDQ (Night Stalkers #6.6) by M.L. Buchman, I loved that in this story the wounded hero was a woman. I also love the banter between the characters and the chemistry between them was off the charts. I’m planning to read previous books in this series, that’s for sure.

I recommend this anthology to Romantic suspense and military romance fans.
All proceeds from The Way of the Warrior will go to the Wounded Warrior Project; so you will not only be reading a great anthology, you will be doing it for a good cause. What are you waiting for? Go and get your copy now!


My Overall Verdict: 4 ½ Paws
Other reviews Goodreads




2 comments:

  1. Sounds good, I can read anthologies these days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was Lea G.'s short that I skimmed.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...