Contact Me

Friday, June 19, 2015

Review: Cocktails at Le Carmen by Isabelle Andover


Title: Cocktails at Le Carmen
Author: Isabelle Andover
Genre: Chick Lit
Publisher: Simon & Fig
Source: Review copy from publisher
Format: E-book
When job cuts at Chloe Saddler’s London communications firm result in an unexpected transfer to Paris, she finds herself leaving behind her friends, family, and boyfriend Scott to start a new life in the City of Light. Getting to grips with La Vie Parisienne and keeping a long-distance relationship afloat is not made any easier by the culture shock. Committing the odd French faux pas and inadvertently indulging in a few too many flirtations with her very sexy (and very taken) boss, Jean-Luc, is just the start of it. Factor in her bridezilla of a sister’s wedding (the hottest event of the year in the Saddler family’s social calendar), an unexpected session of hot, naked yoga, a slightly psychotic stalker, and one incredible kiss at an infamous Montmartre nightspot, and Chloe can say au revoir to her old, safe London life and bonjour to the romance, splendour, and glamour of Paris.
Chloe Saddler is funny, caring, and although a bit too na├»ve at times, was an easy to like character. I liked her friends, but didn’t like her bridezilla sister. I don’t think she was mean only because she was getting married, I think it was her personality. I wished Chloe had put her on her place a bit sooner.

It was pretty obvious what kind of boyfriend Scott was, but this was one of those “there is no one more blind than he who will not see” cases in regards to Chloe.

I liked Jean-Luc, but wish I had seen more of him and more of the relationship development with Chloe. I also know that it would have added a lot more pages and maybe make the book a bit too long.

One of the things I liked the most about Cocktails at Le Carmen by Isabelle Andover was the setting. With her words Andover brings to life one of my favorite cities, Paris. Reading her book was almost like being there, walking the streets, riding the metro, eating pains au chocolat, and all around, like visiting the city of light.

When I read chick lit I expect a quirky heroine somewhat innocent, good friends, a sexy hero, a character (or two) I will dislike, funny moments, and all around an easy, fun and quick read. Cocktails at Le Carmen by Isabelle Andover, apart of having all the things I look for in chick lit, also has a beautiful setting, as is Paris. Cocktails at Le Carmen was a win-win read for me.

Cocktails at Le Carmen is the perfect beach read. I recommend it to chick lit fans or to anyone who wants to read an easy, fun and highly entertaining book.

My Verdict: 4 Paws
Other reviews Goodreads


1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun :D And I have a soft spot for chick-lit

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...