Contact Me

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Audiobook Review: Sleep Tight by Rachel Abbott


Title: Sleep Tight
Author: Rachel Abbott
Series: DCI Tom Douglas, book 3
Genre: Thriller
Publisher: Audible Studios
Source: Review copy from publisher
Format: Audiobook
Length: 10 hrs and 41 mins 
How far would you go to hold on to the people you love?

When Olivia Brookes calls the police to report that her husband and children are missing, she believes she will never see them again. She has reason to fear the worst; this isn’t the first tragedy that Olivia has experienced.

Now, two years later, Detective Chief Inspector Tom Douglas is called in to investigate this family again, but this time it’s Olivia who has disappeared. All the evidence suggests that she was here, in the family home, that morning. But her car is in the garage, and her purse is in her handbag – on the kitchen table.

The police want to issue a national appeal, but for some reason every single picture of this family has been removed from albums, from phones, from computers.

And then they find the blood…

Has the past caught up with Olivia?

Sleep Tight – if you can. You never know who’s watching.
Sleep Tight is the third book in the DCI Tom Douglas series by Rachel Abbott. This audiobook is narrated by Melody Grove and Andrew Wincott.

There are times when you take a gamble and give a chance to a new author, one you have never heard before, that was the case with Rachel Abbott and her book Sleep Tight. After I read the blurb of this book I decided it was worth a shot.
Lately, I’ve been enjoying listening to thrillers, but I wasn’t sure if this one would work for me. Fortunately, Audible gives you the opportunity to listen to a preview. After doing this and listening to Melody Grove and Andrew Wincott I knew I have to listen to this audiobook. Now, after finishing it, I’m glad I went with my gut and gave this audio a chance.

The blurb tells pretty well what Sleep Tight is about, so I won’t go into detail. I can say Abbott writes an intriguing and compelling story, one in which I was invested since the very beginning and kept me listening well after my bedtime wanting to know what was going to happen next.

The mystery and suspense is well done and nothing is black and white in the story. Abbott made me do different conjectures during the listening of the audio, some completely off the mark others somehow accurate.

The characters are fully-fleshed out and believable. Their lives and situations also felt real. I think the narrators helped with this. Both of them did an awesome job transmitting emotions with the intonation of their voices. They also brought to life the story with all the nuances it contained.

This was my first time listening to Melody Grove and Andrew Wincott, but I’m sure it won’t be my last. I’m also planning to continue with this series in audiobook.

I recommend Sleep Tight to thriller fans. I also recommend listening to the audiobook. I think Melody Grove and Andrew Wincott enriched the story with their great performance.

My Story Verdict: 4 Paws
My Narration Verdict: 4 ½ Paws
My Overall Verdict: 4 Paws
Other books in the series
Only the Innocent
The Black Road
Sleep Tight
Stranger Child

Other reviews Goodreads

3 comments:

  1. This looks really good. I'll have to look this one up. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thriller night!

    I love thrillers, I think a good one would make for a fabulous audio too.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...