Unfortunately this last quarter I didn’t do as well as previous ones. My life became hectic and I didn’t have much time to listen to audiobooks or read. I’m trying to find the time because I miss listening to audiobooks, but I just can fit couple of minutes here and there; it’s taking me forever to finish an audiobook, so much that some of my library audiobooks expired before I was able to finish them.
Here are the ones I listened to during this last quarter, they are organized in chronological order, starting with the ones I listened on the beginning of the quarter and finishing with the one I’m currently listening.
- Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels #8) by Ilona Andrews
- Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson
- Those Who Wish Me Dead by Michael Koryta
- The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
- My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands by Chelsea Handler
- One Good Dragon Deserves Another (Heartstrikers #2) by Rachel Aaron
- Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff (DNF at 60%)
- Son of the Black Sword (Saga of the Forgotten Warrior #1) by Larry Correia
- Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
- Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike #3) by Robert Galbraith
- The Aeronaut's Windlass (The Cinder Spires #1) by Jim Butcher
- Out of the Fog by Carolyn Nash
- The Death of Dulgath (The Riyria Chronicles #3) by Michael J. Sullivan
From those audiobooks the only one I can’t recommend is Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff. I just couldn’t care about the characters or the story. I tried really hard to finish it, but after a while I decided it wasn’t worth my time. The other audiobooks are all great in their own style and genre. The audiobooks that belong to a series should be listened as part of the series; they don’t work well as standalones.
The level I signed up for in this challenge was Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+ Audios. Adding these 13 titles to the 86 audiobooks I listened on the previous quarters give me a total of 99 audiobooks. I nailed it!! It’s a great improvement from my 44 audiobooks last year… but, I kind of don’t like the 99, I’m going to do my best to listen to one more audiobook before the year ends to reach the 100. Wish me luck!
If you have any recommendations please share them with me, I’m always looking for what to listen next and as you can see from my list I have a very eclectic taste, so recommendations in all genres are welcome.