Contact Me

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My Favorite Books & Audiobooks of 2015

2015 was a year of changes for me, I stopped enjoying genres I used to love and series and authors I used to adore.
Another thing that changed for me was that I started to enjoy listening to audiobooks more than reading. I realized that I love I can do other things while enjoying a nice book, while when I’m reading the only thing I can do is read.

Until today I have read and listened to 210 books. I’m in the middle of one book, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to finish it before the year ends, if I can, it’ll be 211 books total. From those 100!!! Yes!! 100 are audiobooks.

Selecting my 10 favorite books wasn’t easy, I divided it by 5 audiobooks I listened and 5 books I read. The first ones are the audiobooks. I cheated a little bit here, I have 7 audiobooks in the list, but 3 belong to the same series, I’m counting the series as one, they are mark with an (*). I also have honorable mentions for both the audiobooks and the books.
The books are organized in chronological order, starting with the ones I listened/read first in 2015.

Top 5-ish Audiobooks

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike #1) by Robert Galbraith.
Narrated by Robert Glenister. *
The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike #2) by Robert Galbraith.
Narrated by Robert Glenister. *
The Martian by Andy Weir.
Narrated by R.C. Bray.
Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming.
Narrated by Alan Cumming.
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
Narrated by Wil Wheaton.
Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike #3) by Robert Galbraith.
Narrated by Robert Glenister. *
The Death of Dulgath (The Riyria Chronicles #3) by Michael J. Sullivan.
Narrated by Tim Gerard Reynolds.

Honorable Mentions
  • The Hidden Masters of Marandur (The Pillars of Reality #2) by Jack Campbell. Narrated by MacLeod Andrews.
  • Will Trent series by Karin Slaughter - This series have different narrators.
  • Dune (Dune Chronicles #1) by Frank Herbert. Narrated by Scott Brick, Orlagh Cassidy, Euan Morton, Simon Vance, and Ilyana Kadushin.
  • Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson. Narrated by Jenny Lawson
  • Son of the Black Sword (Saga of the Forgotten Warrior #1) by Larry Correia. Narrated by  Tim Gerard Reynolds


Top 5 Books

Uprooted by Naomi Novik
Radiance (Wraith Kings #1) by Grace Draven 
When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After #3) by Tessa Dare 
The Land of the Beautiful Dead by R. Lee Smith 
Marked in Flesh (The Others #4) by Anne Bishop
This book will be release on 2016.

Honorable Mentions

From all those my all time favorite of 2015 was the audiobook of The Martian by Andy Weir. Narrated by R.C. Bray.

7 comments:

  1. Ok. I really have to read/listen to Robert Galbraith! And I can't wait for Marked in Flesh! I've been having many of the same issues as you this year and hearing that you enjoy that book that much gives me hope. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I really have to read/listen to Robert Galbraith! And I can't wait for Marked in Flesh! I've been having many of the same issues as you this year and hearing that you enjoy that book that much gives me hope. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome books :D
    Ugh, I need to start thinking of my list

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Martian. Thank you so much for pushing me until I finally listened to it. It was the only relisten this year. I actually listened twice, as I made DH listen while we were on a roadtrip. He liked it too. :-D

    I haven't read or listened to many of the books on your list. I need to remedy that. So many books, so little time. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay many books there! I need to read most of them I confess too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! The Martian was my top listen of 2015 as well... Such a great story and the narration was perfect! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you've read 200 books this year, that's amazing!! I love Robert Galbraith, can't wait to read Career of Evil so im glad your recommending it.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...